£45m shirley deserves its own thread....any advance on 45?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: £7m shirley deserves its own thread

Post by Kofi Annan »

Snipe Watson wrote:Eamonn Mallie is the finest journalist we have in these parts.
I remember him from his Downtown Radio days, I was speaking to him recently and had this great urge to remind him of the day, he once said those word to me , " do you not know who I am" but I chickened out, maybe one day. But I agree Snipe a fine Journo he is.

I think he is fair and honest in his reporting and firmly has his finger on the pulse.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Eamonn Mallie is the finest journalist we have in these parts.
I remember him from his Downtown Radio days, I was speaking to him recently and had this great urge to remind him of the day, he once said those word to me , " do you not know who I am" but I chickened out, maybe one day. But I agree Snipe a fine Journo he is.

I think he is fair and honest in his reporting and firmly has his finger on the pulse.
Indeed gentlemen he knows what he's at, furthermore I believe his father and mother had a pup from the same litter as my childhood dog. Honey they called it. Ah well, should I ever meet him in this life, we can share tales of adorable golden cocker spaniel puppies. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Indeed gentlemen he knows what he's at, furthermore I believe his father and mother had a pup from the same litter as my childhood dog. Honey they called it. Ah well, should I ever meet him in this life, we can share tales of adorable golden cocker spaniel puppies. :D
David Healey's parents had a pup from our Jack Russell bitch which I suppose would have been his childhood dog. I reckon the pup was about 4 years older than him.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Mallie really knows his stuff, he would have made a top class detective if he hadn't gone down the journalism route.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Update on any Law Society revelations to follow this afternoon. Useful link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-34068456
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

And here is the twitter link for the nerds amongst you - https://twitter.com/NIA_FinCom?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Useful link - http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/assembly-b ... n-ireland/
Don't need any links to realise someone was getting a siege of money for setting up a vastly undervalued deal, it's like most deals that the Clowns have had a say in, think airport, suggestion of harbour estate price, numerous other parcels of public\government land, on the other hand the MOD stitched them up like kippers with anything they gave them free and the clowns couldn't see that nothing is free and it costs more than actual value to clean those places up.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Rooster the evidence of people with an axe to grind should be treated with and taped evidence could be doctored or manufactured .

On that basis I withhold judgement

While at the same time politics is an unflushed toilet

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:Rooster the evidence of people with an axe to grind should be treated with and taped evidence could be doctored or manufactured .

On that basis I withhold judgement

While at the same time politics is an unflushed toilet

Well from a couple of cases I personally know I have no doubt that Mr Graham is not telling porkies or tampering with evidence, Tis a big can of worms.
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Not knowing the man I still reserve judgement when the tapes have been analysed is the time enough .

Because I am sure that the person being recorded would have been aware of that fact and therefore like the Mafia would be extremely careful of what would be said on the phone .

I once worked with a gentleman who would only arrange time and place on the phone on the basis he considered every phone and line was tapped

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Just a thought that occurred to me, but I wonder have the UUP caught a whiff of NAMA related bother in the air for the DUP and decided to claim the Unionist high ground by walking out of the assembly?
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Snipe Watson wrote:Just a thought that occurred to me, but I wonder have the UUP caught a whiff of NAMA related bother in the air for the DUP and decided to claim the Unionist high ground by walking out of the assembly?

I'd say it certainly played a part.

Nesbitt has set this up about as well as he can: his last couple of interviews on the matter have been very well executed (whatever the undoubted hypocrisy and opportunism of using this particular paramilitary flashpoint as his tipping point), and the capture of Jenny Palmer is excellent. If they run her in the Assembly election, she'll win a seat without a doubt - either at the expense of the DUP (win), or at the expense of Basil (win, arsehat).
It's the hope that kills you.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:Just a thought that occurred to me, but I wonder have the UUP caught a whiff of NAMA related bother in the air for the DUP and decided to claim the Unionist high ground by walking out of the assembly?
I love a good conspiracy theory! :twisted:

But is this a GOOD conspiracy theory?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right