So Sky Q, what's that about??

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

So Sky Q, what's that about??

Post by Eggs »

For various reasons signing back up to sky in the next couple months, but them there's a all this PR babble about this 'fluid' new sky Q coming, but no facts! Anyone know anything or thoughts?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: So Sky Q, what's that about??

Post by Rooster »

Feck knows, seems you can pause tv in one room and go to next and continue viewing whatever you were watching there, I get an email about it every week but no mention of cost or anything like that on it
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Eggs wrote:For various reasons signing back up to sky in the next couple months, but them there's a all this PR babble about this 'fluid' new sky Q coming, but no facts! Anyone know anything or thoughts?

Comment removed as I was extremely p1ssed when I posted and consequently was operating on about 10% of normal brain capacity.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Ha, brilliant, read the original and thought wtf, then saw the time!!

Still, looks like a good way to get he sky in a couple rooms without wiring up
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

60% of the population now have TVs that are smarter than they are.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:60% of the population now have TVs that are smarter than they are.
Think you have that wrong. I was recently advised my a man of considerable conviction that the entire world operates on a 80:20 basis, also known as Pareto, so obviously to be accurate you may choose either 80% or 20%, your call.

Frankly I work on 95:5 and am certain that 95% of any given population are dickheads, their TVs would be ashamed to be less smart.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:60% of the population now have TVs that are smarter than they are.
Think you have that wrong. I was recently advised my a man of considerable conviction that the entire world operates on a 80:20 basis, also known as Pareto, so obviously to be accurate you may choose either 80% or 20%, your call.

Frankly I work on 95:5 and am certain that 95% of any given population are dickheads, their TVs would be ashamed to be less smart.
Mervyn 60% of the population have shoes that are smarter that them.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Eggs wrote:Ha, brilliant, read the original and thought wtf, then saw the time!!

Still, looks like a good way to get he sky in a couple rooms without wiring up
You can do that already though this seems to make it simple, no doubt they will want to charge £20 a month though
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best