FRAMPTON DIGGING MATCH

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FRAMPTON DIGGING MATCH

Post by Rooster »

Did anyone sit up to watch the latest digging match ?
I hear Jimmy Nesbitt was tucked up in bed 2 hours before it started, well just actually asleep on the sofa.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Baxing
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Boutye
Initiate

Post by Boutye »

I set my alarm and watched it on my phone via my illegal app.

Didn't see Jimmy, only Rory who purposely missed the cut at the golf to be there.

Was a great performance by Frampton, fair play to him.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Well Done the Jackel...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

He ships a fair few digs himself. Should maybe think about calling it a day after another couple of big pay days.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Boutye
Initiate

Post by Boutye »

big mervyn wrote:He ships a fair few digs himself. Should maybe think about calling it a day after another couple of big pay days.
Yeah Merv, his style is very combative, another one or two in the states, then a big send of at Windsor Park, though the Kingspan would hold more and be more attractive to some of his fans.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Boutye wrote:
big mervyn wrote:He ships a fair few digs himself. Should maybe think about calling it a day after another couple of big pay days.
Yeah Merv, his style is very combative, another one or two in the states, then a big send of at Windsor Park, though the Kingspan would hold more and be more attractive to some of his fans.
He is keen to put on another fight in Belfast, up to McGuigan to get it organised for the big pay though from TV rights
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I heard a little of an interview The Fat Boy (as Gerard Michael Anderson dubbed him) recorded with Frampton, this morning. Must say I was impressed with the little I heard, it was about how he favours integration in this vile wee statelet, how he would never have met catholics but for boxing & how he is in a "mixed marriage" and intends his kids will go to integrated schools.

That apart he appears like a decent lad who is very grounded .........though admittedly I know so little about him that my observation is entirely superficial.

You know what, the "mixed marriage" business, I've always thought it an odd label, how nice would it be if it simply referred to a man & woman in marriage with the other sort "same sex marriage".

Ah ........a man can dream of small steps to progress , even in this vile little statelet.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Aye, There are a few people, who because of who they are and/or what they have achieved, manage to rise above the religious sectarian feckwittery. Rory Gallagher was another who transcended religion. I thought it was great that a bunch of rockers in East Belfast were dedicating their gig to his 20th anniversary and are busting their asses to get a bronze statue erected outside the Ulster Hall :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Aye, There are a few people, who because of who they are and/or what they have achieved, manage to rise above the religious sectarian feckwittery. Rory Gallagher was another who transcended religion. I thought it was great that a bunch of rockers in East Belfast were dedicating their gig to his 20th anniversary and are busting their asses to get a bronze statue erected outside the Ulster Hall :thumleft:
The Dundela crowd Merv? Hope they succeed.

Rory never got to Van's stage where he is a fatcattwat who does soirees at a couple of hundred quid a pop. Still like the greedybastard's music just the same, but I've watched him live for the last time .......achh after somewhere between 15 -20 viewings ..........feck him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

So ... the "missing emails" turn up in the Cloud and the McGuigans settle immediately.

Dear oh dear, and well played the Jackal's legal team >appl
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It’s fairly unusual for substantial disclosure to drop after three weeks of a trial.

Not sure how that came to be.

The Jackal’s legal team really ought to have secured the data long before then but your applause can be interpreted in more than one way Merv!