Can we talk about abortion?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Can we talk about abortion?

Post by rumncoke »

Russ

Sex between consenting adults is not illegal using contraception is not illegal stating an opinion that abortion is a matter for an individual and is best left to medical profession to decide rather a group of elected representatives is not illegal
. But the medical profession must be qualified to advise and preform the procedure it should not be performed by GPs they as in common with most procedures would direct the patient to an appropriate consultant .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Russ

Sex between consenting adults is not illegal using contraception is not illegal stating an opinion that abortion is a matter for an individual and is best left to medical profession to decide rather a group of elected representatives is not illegal
. But the medical profession must be qualified to advise and preform the procedure it should not be performed by GPs they as in common with most procedures would direct the patient to an appropriate consultant .

Just stop. You're an embarrassment
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Rumn is so far off reservation, Russ is using (some) punctuation and capital letters.

Time to hush, aul fella.
It's the hope that kills you.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy in an ideal world no pregnancy should be unwanted

Contraception has been available for decades .

Baggy I was always in favour of My woman being www

Warm wet and willing

Me thinks you are taking a throw away semi truth to seriously

If I ever use that expression would somebody please remind me to scourge my back with heavily weighted barbed wire.

No Rum'n, I'm not taking anything too seriously, least of all your apparent wish to force unwanted pregnancies on women........ let me rephrase that, wish that pregnancies should run their course, with few or no exceptions, irrespective of a woman's wishes.

Is that what you believe in or not? If not cut the horseshite about drunken women getting up the duff. Women become pregnant in a wide variety of different circumstances, not all of which should lead a moralising bible basher to think , "slap it up them" nobody forced them ............except of course, that is far too often the exact reason why a woman may wish to have an abortion.

I abominate the lecturing backwoodsmen of this appalling shitehole who insist a woman must even carry a rapist'sbastard. Compassion is not a word they are remotely familiar with. Of course, I would never wish to insist that a raped woman who becomes pregnant must have an abortion, it's a matter of choice you see...........or should be.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy get off the horse I have never pretended to be a white knight I doubt if you were one too in your youth

The fact remains most mistakes in life have at there source an over indulgence of joy juice
That is not a judgemental statement been there got the tee shirt as they say but it does not prohibit warning others .

And before you jump to conclusions my children are not the result of drunken couplings me a Boy Scout

I have a great respect for the females of this world my mother was one my wife is one my daughters also

But I accept the great truth if you think you chose your wife you flatter your self

Like most men you asked her but she was the one who said yes

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

rumncoke wrote:The fact remains most mistakes in life have at there source an over indulgence of joy juice
No. Objectively incorrect.

rumncoke wrote:I have a great respect for the females of this world
Now let's see about that, rum:

Your contribution to the Joke Of The Day thread:
rumncoke wrote:Yer Ma's so big the bath has stretch marks

She was only a coalman's daughter but the skn round her fnny was slack
2-for-the-price-of-1 sexism, there. Good shout.

Your energetically off-topic contribution to the "anyone need a handyman" thread:
rumncoke wrote:Weemen are great multi-taskers tell one daughter to do her homework another to tidy her room cook the tea and get you to fill the dish washer and take out the rubbish . Issue all those orders without taking a breath .

And finally, perhaps my "favourite" of the bunch. Your post on the Big Gay Cake thread where you recounted how you reacted to your daughter moving in with a man who would become her husband, with something other than affection, encouragement and happiness:
rumncoke wrote:My daughter came to me and said " I moving in with x "(male)
I asked what age she was

For the record, rum, want to know how I found this hateful bile amongst your back-catalogue so quickly? (Took about 5 minutes.) I searched your posts for the word "daughter."

It appears we can no longer "talk about abortion", as OneMore originally asked.
It's the hope that kills you.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Nice research but" my smile is my make up "

And I have a well known death wish

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

And there endeth the bullshite.

Irrespective of Rum'n, it's pretty much a subject where most are completely intransigent and of course not the only such thing in Nawthen Aaland.

A dreadful wee backwater where the holy and the paternalist right wing hold back most hints of a liberal democracy. Oh well, just over a year to do then I'm off. Yis are welcome to it.

For years I've listened to the old saw, "Oh if only we had peace, it's a great wee country, with lovely people" and thought yeah it's a pleasant country with shyte weather & worse people, unless of course you like being dictated to by deranged bullshitters who get off on saying no to almost everything. :roll: I blame Presbyterians for most of the misery in the world, feckers wallow in it. Rapant sunner. :roll:

I abominate the place. :shake:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.