Biblical matters

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Biblical matters

Post by Dave »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Dave wrote:I had a lengthy reply written and lost it. Just imagine my response and continue.
I concur
+1
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Dave wrote:I had a lengthy reply written and lost it. Just imagine my response and continue.
I concur
+1
I imagined it was a thread ender that brought UAB to his senses.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
I concur
+1

Mebendazole
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

In fairness, I wasn't really arguing anything. What is contained within the books of the bible, interests me very little but confuses me a great deal.

I feel for those who want a Christian faith but are same sex attracted. There is no description of the specific acts that are forbidden, as far as I'm aware. There are gay affirming Christian groups who argue that the translated word for homosexual is more along the lines of male temple prostitution and often non-consensual. I have no supporting evidence for this, as I said it is not an area of interest.

As we have established, there is no direction for those in a loving, consensual same sex relationship. Paul was not addressing that specific issue so you have to remove the context and reconfigure the meaning to another millenia.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
I concur
+1

Mebendazole
Worms ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Campaign to ban US fundamentalist preacher from speaking in Dublin
Online petitions have been launched calling on the Government to ban fundamentalist American preacher Pastor Steven Anderson from speaking in Dublin on May 26th next.

According to Changing Attitude Ireland, a liberal Church of Ireland group sympathetic to gay people, Mr Anderson “has advocated exterminating LGBT+ people, lauded the massacre in the Florida Gay Night Club of LGBT patrons and said he prayed nightly that US president Barack Obama would die!” He is also a Holocaust denier.

On April 5th last, launching a petition opposing the preacher’s plan to speak in Dublin this month, it said “the notorious anti-gay Pastor” wanted “to come to Ireland, on an invitation from Northern Irish Baptist Preacher Stuart Houston to evangelise Dublin on May 26th.”
Every EU country, except Ireland, has banned this guy because of his extreme messages of hate. If the Irish Govt does not ban him I wonder how many people would actually go to see him in action.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well now this hate preacher has been barred. Well done Charlie Flanagan.
A controversial US preacher who denies the holocaust and promotes anti-LGBT rhetoric has been barred from speaking in Ireland.

Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan signed the exclusion order preventing Steven Anderson – or Pastor Steven L Anderson - from travelling here.

In a statement, Minister Flanagan said: "I have signed the exclusion order under my executive powers in the interests of public policy."

A provision under the 1999 Immigration Act allows the minister of the day, if they consider it necessary in the interests of national security or public policy, to bar somebody from the State.

It is the first time a person time a person has been excluded from Ireland under the 1999 Act.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

That sort of bloke would be welcomed by many folk up here Shan. But totally off his trolley and due for a horrible and painful death. Good for the Irish Government!
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Wright Bus close to going under, what'll happen to his mega church?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:45 am Wright Bus close to going under, what'll happen to his mega church?
A biblical quotation seems appropriate: 2 Samuel 1:19 "How the mighty have fallen".
I suppose I say it, as in its original context, with sorrow, rather than gloating. There's real tragedy when someone flies high then gets a false sense of some sort of messianic purpose. Not only do they come a cropper, but they bring many others with them.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:45 am Wright Bus close to going under, what'll happen to his mega church?
Hell slap it up 'em. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall