Referendum

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

In r Oot?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Let's get out of this farce
25%
Let's stick with it, it's not perfect, but....
75%

Total votes: 36

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Referendum

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Brexiters have gone quiet.
Sadly some still spout sh1te, we got rid of SF Michelle in Agriculture here and got the DUP Michelle who thinks agriculture has done well out of Brexit so far, prices up and farm payment value up, stupid cow forgot that all inputs have gone up also and cancelled out the increases which were caused by fall in Sterling brought about by Brexit so I suppose she is sort of right that Brexit helped, she thinks we will be able to export more with fall in Sterling but either has forgotten, does not know or just does not want to know that exports of food products to EU will be zero due to export tariffs and export around the world will also be zero as we can't produce stuff on the scale of other countries outside EU, any trade done at present is based on EU export refunds making it competitive, except for small volume niche product.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

There's nothing to say other than the same old baseless speculation. Nothing has changed and won't until we actually press the button, so we are just sitting in a state of flux. Thus Sterling is being hit hard.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
There's nothing to say other than the same old baseless speculation. Nothing has changed and won't until we actually press the button, so we are just sitting in a state of flux. Thus Sterling is being hit hard.
A state a flux that just randomly occurred because of........??????

Any reason you can think of?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Even after the button is pushed we will still be in a state of flux, just a shittier variety of flux which will last untill EU says ok feck off then, at this stage then we will move to a multi national state of flux while Boris and Co try and find someone to negotiate with other countries on trade deals which in general take in excess of 7 years to get to anything like something that can be signed off.
So in conclusion we will be in various types of flux for the next 10 years or so.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Yes, the referendum result.
Why what did you think it was?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

The announcement of hard brexit
HSBC stating that the UK has no opposition and they have to manipulate markets
The bank leaving the UK today
The devalued pound overvaluing UK equities leading to misunderstanding of the UK economy by the masses
Bespoke tranche opportunities
Amber Rudd

Shall I go on?

Brexit is an absolute disaster
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Fair play. Most brexiteer's won't even acknowledge this.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Fair play. Most brexiteer's won't even acknowledge this.
I'm a realist Dave. I never said it would be anything but a bumpy ride.
As for how things end up, nobody knows. It's an unprecedented situation and people are guessing and calling their guess fact.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:Wait till the cost of living goes up next year with imported goods all rising in price, also home produced products will go up as raw materials rise in price
This sums it up for me :roll:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Excellent. About the same level of debate that I got to with any Brexiter.
Sod them all - especially since they are making this weekends trip much more expensive than I was anticipating. May have to consider limiting my drinking in the Connacht bar to happy hour :( - but luckily that seems to be almost all day on sundays :)
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Price rises kicking in due to fall in Sterling, it will get worse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37637954
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Rooster, I'm sure you'll know... aren't the likes of Tesco notorious for screwing suppliers over prices anyway?

If Unilever raise their prices then I can see the floodgates will open and most of the supermarkets other suppliers will want to raise their prices as well.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:Rooster, I'm sure you'll know... aren't the likes of Tesco notorious for screwing suppliers over prices anyway?

If Unilever raise their prices then I can see the floodgates will open and most of the supermarkets other suppliers will want to raise their prices as well.
Yip but they have forced a lot of takeovers and now the suppliers are so big the worm is turning, the screws are being tightened and the supermarkets will have to either cut their own margins or put prices up.
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Petrol up 2p per litre in North Down in the last few days, will continue to rise.

Gerard Lyons, a Leave campaigner who was Johnson’s chief economic advisor, said that the weaker pound was good for exports and would “help the whole economy”. Yes of course it will you halfwit, great for exports but we import much more than we export so tell me, how will the economy benefit?

Anyone care to guess at the rate of inflation in 6 months time?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Looking forward to their answers over these particular questions.

Northern Ireland

The government has already confirmed that the Common Travel Area between the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland, which predates both countries’ membership of the EU, will be maintained post- Brexit, but taking that as read, please answer the following questions:

48. Will the government guarantee that there will be no re-introduction of customs checks on the Irish border, similar to those that existed before the Maastricht Treaty in 1993?

49. How will the government enforce its proposed new system for managing migration from the EU if EU migrants can travel to the Irish Republic as they do at present, and then travel on into the United Kingdom via the Irish land border?

50. Will the government confirm whether – and how – the position on these matters would change if the Irish Republic was to become a member of the Schengen agreement, making travel between the rest of the European Union and Ireland much easier?

51. What specific assessment has the government made of the impact on the Northern Irish economy of its proposed future arrangements for trade with, and migration, from the European Union post-Brexit, and for its continued ability to attract foreign direct investment?

52. Will the government guarantee that any shortfalls in funding for Northern Ireland beyond 2020 arising from the loss of (i) Structural Funds; (ii) Common Agricultural Policy payments and programmes; and (iii) the PEACE programme will be made up in full from central government revenues, given the region’s heavy dependence on that funding for future peace, development and prosperity?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999