Moy Park

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Moy Park

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Driving home last night, I overtook a Moy Park lorry. Not that unusual - it is a billion pound business with 14 processing and manufacturing plants, operating across several countries...

However, I was distracted from a sign on the lorry that purported that these 'giants' of the chicken world were now official 'Poultry Providers' to the Ulster Rugby team.

Whatever next? This is not gridiron (or another, less-well-off American sport). Can we not just have Belfast Telegraph on the front and be done at that?

PS - a wise move waiting for Big Nick to retire before dangling this juicy, succulent deal in front of Ulster Rugby... That financially sound footing Moy Park are so keen to maintain might not have survived intact...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Moy Park

Post by Russ »

Ok
Boutye
Initiate

Post by Boutye »

We also have Liam Connolly...official logistics partner. UR are definitely the Man Utd of the rugby world when it comes to official partners/suppliers etc.
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

And who do you think will pay for the continued and necessary ongoing investment in UR?? Certainly not enough money coming in from ticket sales and from average match night spend (which last time this was reported was significantly less than the big English clubs). A necessary requirement for a professional outfit and as a fan I have to say I'm delighted with the continued and expanding business/commercial support of UR. Long may it continue...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Driving home last night, I overtook a Moy Park lorry. Not that unusual - it is a billion pound business with 14 processing and manufacturing plants, operating across several countries...

However, I was distracted from a sign on the lorry that purported that these 'giants' of the chicken world were now official 'Poultry Providers' to the Ulster Rugby team.

Whatever next? This is not gridiron (or another, less-well-off American sport). Can we not just have Belfast Telegraph on the front and be done at that?

PS - a wise move waiting for Big Nick to retire before dangling this juicy, succulent deal in front of Ulster Rugby... That financially sound footing Moy Park are so keen to maintain might not have survived intact...
If you want to be really precise on this it is Neil McMullans lorries that have the sign on them, though they are contracted by Moy Park. :thumleft:

As for eating the profits, Rodders took over from Nick and perhaps Moy Park wil need to renegotiate for this season :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

They also have a cereal sponsor and a vegetable sponsor IIRC.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Pimpmac wrote:And who do you think will pay for the continued and necessary ongoing investment in UR?? Certainly not enough money coming in from ticket sales and from average match night spend (which last time this was reported was significantly less than the big English clubs). A necessary requirement for a professional outfit and as a fan I have to say I'm delighted with the continued and expanding business/commercial support of UR. Long may it continue...
Aye it may not sound like much supplying chicken to the squad but if you were buying it I dare say it would be a pretty hefty bill each week, some of those lads would eat a family supply for a week in a day.
Dunbia, also a local company supplies the red meat and Dale Farm the dairy products as well.
Every few quid saved in running the place leaves money to be spent on players
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best