First Brexit ... now this

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: First Brexit ... now this

Post by Rooster »

Watched the office a few times, thought it was even worse than Mrs Browns boys
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Mr Watson, I think you will find if you briefly review the thread that it is I who have paid fullsome tribute to this fine production and its the entirety of other posters who have been curmudgeonly.
I'm just in training for the season ahead. :thumleft:
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

Disappointed in you Baggy. I was under the impression that you needed to have a significantly lower than average IQ to find that sh#te funny.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

League of Gentlemen, Psychoville and Nighty Night all worth a watch.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pg106 wrote:Disappointed in you Baggy. I was under the impression that you needed to have a significantly lower than average IQ to find that sh#te funny.

Ah, the old IQ put down. Seldom used and rarely successful but sure, fill yer boots. :roll:

You appear to have missed several layers of sarcasm, maybe jog over to Mensa and get yerself overhauled my friend. >EW

That said, I hold this confection of traits of genuine old Dublin mothers to be considerably less cringeworthy than much of what passes for sitcom these days, I usually confine my comedic viewing to a few panel shows these days.

My "stout defence" of young O'Carroll is largely based on the rush here to condemn his offering rather than any particular affection for it. I think you will find that as a regular feature of my MO here. Some might call me a contrarian..... perhaps even a contrary wan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

First Brexit ... now this

Post by rumncoke »

Yes Minister was everything the Office wasn't Funny

The Office was so painful there were those who thought it was a documentary .

But as Ricky says " Am
I bothered ? Sitting by the pool in 2 and half acres of Garden am I @?!&ed !!!"

And I reckon Brendan echoes the sentiment

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Brent's disruption of the Team Building course was one of my all-time favourite TV moments.

The Thick of It was a million times better than the rather safe Yes Minister imo. If it had been any good, Thatcher would have hated it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

New episode of Porridge the night, featuring Fletch's grandson banged up for Cyber crime.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BRexit, so it's not all bad then ................we can tear up the recycling material and th'o most bins on a convenient boney next July..........or the July following waving goodbye to the burghers of Brussels, the gnomes of Zurich, Johnny Onion and every other interfering fastidious European telling us wot we can and can't do with good dumpable British garbage.

In the meantime, keep on flytipping, sure the environment is overrated. >EW

Maybe when we get our country back we'll stop wasting so much money on Limpics & Criplimpics :oops: , anyone think expenditure of £1.6M per medal represents a good return on the taxpayers money, I could have had my injury from April 2012 treated or at least looked at by now.

#sportingwasters
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:BRexit, so it's not all bad then ................we can tear up the recycling material and th'o most bins on a convenient boney next July..........or the July following waving goodbye to the burghers of Brussels, the gnomes of Zurich, Johnny Onion and every other interfering fastidious European telling us wot we can and can't do with good dumpable British garbage.

Maybe when we get our country back we'll stop wasting so much money on Limpics & Criplimpics :oops: , anyone think expenditure of £1.6M per medal represents a good return on the taxpayers money, I could have had my injury from April 2012 treated or at least looked at by now.

#sportingwasters
Is it not all lottery money?
Not suggesting that lottery players are tax dodgers by the way.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:BRexit, so it's not all bad then ................we can tear up the recycling material and th'o most bins on a convenient boney next July..........or the July following waving goodbye to the burghers of Brussels, the gnomes of Zurich, Johnny Onion and every other interfering fastidious European telling us wot we can and can't do with good dumpable British garbage.

#sportingwasters
Sure the lottery (especially scratch cards) is just a tax on the poor.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Criplimpics Baggy :scratch: Is Spacker Limpics not PC these days? :lol:
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Criplimpics Baggy :scratch: Is Spacker Limpics not PC these days? :lol:
I did hesitate Merv, fearing I might offend some poor crater, then I took the sage advice of Arthur Wellesley, publish & be damned.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

#sportingwasters
Sure the lottery (especially scratch cards) is just a tax on the poor.
The imbecilic poor will always be with us Merv. A 14,000,000:1 sure thing. :roll:

Sad to report Snipe, you are wrong again. The Limpians are funded by both the lottery & govt, about two thirds Lottery one third Govt, however the funds are distributed through UK Sport, a quango.

I'm surprised that given your economic nous that you have apparently forgotten that the last autumn statement by Gideon gave something of the order of a 30% increase in govt funding for UK Sport prior to the build up for Rio.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Brexit means Brexit means Brexit means Brexit means Brexit means Brexit means Brexit means Brexit means Brexit