In Bed with Ryan Constable

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: In Bed with Ryan Constable

Post by big mervyn »

I want bitty!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The homeschooling fad worries me more than the 6 in a bloody big bed, kids won't have had a lot of interaction with other kids and when they hit the big bad world of university and general life could be very susceptible to getting lead astray
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:150 years ago it was commonplace. Well I wasn't there myself, but possibly. I'd imagine going further back it was a way to keep warm and protect your offspring. Going back 6000 years it was possibly biblical. Looks pretty darn cozy anyway but as snipe says it will get them wains bullied. If they aren't already...

I'd say they are winning at being middle class though. So north down.
Point of Fukking order, I know of nobody in North Down who sleeps with their children.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:The homeschooling fad worries me more than the 6 in a bloody big bed, kids won't have had a lot of interaction with other kids and when they hit the big bad world of university and general life could be very susceptible to getting lead astray
It's not even the lead astray thing that concerns me most, it's the lack of social skills and commonsense in terms of being streetwise.

Furthermore, I know many of us regard teachers as overpaid workshy tourists with a parttime job, but at least they have some form of training as educators, crap as some may well be.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Schooling is not about what you are taught

its about what you learn .

I have met some very clever people but at the end of it all they actual knew very little -- top marks in everything but understood nothing

Like accountants who believed in accurate estimates sorry there is no such thing ,there is a reasonable estimate. the man calculated and estimate to a penny
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Schooling is not about what you are taught

its about what you learn .

I have met some very clever people but at the end of it all they actual knew very little -- top marks in everything but understood nothing

Like accountants who believed in accurate estimates sorry there is no such thing ,there is a reasonable estimate. the man calculated and estimate to a penny
That's grand, wise words. :roll:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

It's def driven by the wife.

She's one of these media hungry experts on everything from fitness, to healthy eating, attachment parenting etc. etc.

Look up her Facebook page, it's a gushfest of shameless self promotion - bit like Roger Wilson's missus, but worse.

There's literally no one like her, except her husband of course :roll: .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I hate experts on healthy eating .........their mission to ruin good food.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I hate experts on healthy eating .........their mission to ruin good food.
What does a vegan crossfitter talk about first?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Wonder what Gusher thinks of it all?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Wonder what Gusher thinks of it all?
Wouldn't be surprised if he'd been in the bed too
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I hate experts on healthy eating .........their mission to ruin good food.
Good food is healthy!
Infinitely more healthy than no food and a hell of a lot more healthy than crap food.

Incidentally - I consider myself an expert on healthy eating.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought it must have been created by Baggy who wanted to share a story about him being as gay as the next man. That would have been entertaining. Some woman who thinks everyone needs to know her private family business really isn't. Who gives a flying f-ck if they all sleep together or anything else. Next we'll be hearing from some f-cking eejit that their family all pick their noses at the same time.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.