Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:[I know several people who voted leave who most definitely are none of the above and would be very offended at the accusation they are DUP supporters let alone their sheep or turkeys. I know of those who voted leave on a matter of principle ... now some others may not agree with that principle ... but that doesn't mean they should be dismissed as racist, xenophobic or whatever, and certainly not stupid (whatever others may think).
Analyses of voting patterns and a cursory glance at the Engerlish media's frequent vox pops from Leave constituencies (why do they always interview racist market stall holders?) would strongly suggest that the vast majority of them are.
Read what I wrote Merv.

I wasn't talking about voters in Engerland, let alone racist market stall holders. I was talking about people that I know.

I have acknowledged that racists etc do exist and voted to leave, but there are people I know of who voted leave and they do not deserve to be labelled racists, xenophobes, stupid and especially not DUP voters, etc just because of how they voted in the referendum.

BTW, I also dislike the general trend by some on the right wing that PWM mentioned, but in the interests of balance, thought it was worth pointing out this trend which I happen to think is more general among remain voters in how they look upon all Brexiteers.

I just think each argument should be treated on its own merit and it should be accepted that there are many and varied reasons why people voted for either option. There are valid reasons on both sides of the debate, but I detect a general trend among BRemainers to dismiss BRexiteers as racists, xenophobes, stupid, and as has been mentioned here, sheep or turkeys. Some may be such, but it is unfair in my opinion to lump all together in this way, but that is (imo) often what is happening.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Something to make you smile today - https://order-order.com/2019/03/01/germ ... iGI6yAjMm0
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So I see the UK Parliament has voted in favour of requesting the EU to extend the A50 timeframe. Hardly a surprise but I'm not sure what they expect more time to do for them as the politicians don't seem to be able to agree on what they actually want.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:So I see the UK Parliament has voted in favour of requesting the EU to extend the A50 timeframe. Hardly a surprise but I'm not sure what they expect more time to do for them as the politicians don't seem to be able to agree on what they actually want.
I hope the EU tells them to fcuk off.

Theresa Mayhem has no control over her own government that much we know. This week members of her own cabinet voted against. At one point she was even voting against herself.

It's a circus.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Shan wrote:So I see the UK Parliament has voted in favour of requesting the EU to extend the A50 timeframe. Hardly a surprise but I'm not sure what they expect more time to do for them as the politicians don't seem to be able to agree on what they actually want.
If her deal passes on Tuesday, the request will be for a short extension to take care of the technical details. If her deal is knocked back for a third time, the extension will be for a year or two, possibly in the hope that something fundamental like a new referendum or a general election comes along to change the dynamics.
Odd how MPs get to vote 3 times on the same deal, but any suggestion that the people are allowed a second vote on Brexit is greeted with hysterical shouts about democracy being crushed. :scratch:
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

+1
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can she not accept the outcome of the first vote?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Sheep led by Donkeys. I said it at the time and I'll say it again, Sheep led by Donkeys. Hopefully fewer sheep (and fewer donkeys) around at the time of the next Referendum which I'd hazard a guess may be autumn 2020. At least UKIP imploded so it's Leader(s) cant act as sheepdog(s) any more.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So then the 1604 convention. Sounds like something which would be popular in NI. :D
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Shan wrote:So then the 1604 convention. Sounds like something which would be popular in NI. :D
Jacob Rees-Mogg disagreed with it then, he disagrees with it now Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

shamalicious wrote:Jacob Rees-Mogg disagreed with it then, he disagrees with it now Image
Poor old Moggy. He is a woeful politician, as most in Westminster are, but he would make a pretty decent comedian.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Who has been the bigger disaster at number 10 in recent weeks?

A. Theresa May
B. Jonny Sexton

Goodnight, God bless and safe home.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Theresa has always been woeful.

Mind she cut the police numbers and everyone said that might make things unsafe?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Theresa has always been woeful.

Mind she cut the police numbers and everyone said that might make things unsafe?
Aye Janney normally is OK but I cant remember last when Theresa got something right.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best