Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by big mervyn »

Hapax Legomenon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:39 pm
Amiga500 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:08 am I have to admit, I was gonna happily degenerate Kate Hoey as a waste of space, but then did a quick google just to get her voting history for ammunition...

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10282 ... y/vauxhall

The bad
Kate Hoey consistently voted against the hunting ban

The good
Kate Hoey almost always voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests
Kate Hoey generally voted against introducing ID cards
Kate Hoey almost always voted against the Iraq war
Kate Hoey generally voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws
Kate Hoey generally voted against requiring the mass retention of information about communications
Kate Hoey generally voted for a transparent Parliament
Kate Hoey generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Kate Hoey almost always voted against new high speed rail infrastructure
Kate Hoey generally voted against UK membership of the EU

So for me - I'd say she's got more right than wrong.
Fixed :thumleft:
The hunting is enough for me but she's also obsessed with Brexit at all cost whether or not that's to the detriment of everybody in NI, the working people she is supposed to represent or the wider economic interests of the country. There are more reasoned people in the ERG.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Yes, I would be happy to hear just one quantitative benefit?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

More reasoned people in the ERG? I wouldn't buy a second-hand car from any of them!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

pwrmoore wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:59 am Happax. You seem very certain that brexit will be good for the uk/ni. Please outline the benefits.
No intention of getting into an endless and pointless online dialogue over a matter this complex.
Suffice to say you are right about my views.
There can be only one
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Hapax Legomenon wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:04 pm
pwrmoore wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:59 am Happax. You seem very certain that brexit will be good for the uk/ni. Please outline the benefits.
No intention of getting into an endless and pointless online dialogue over a matter this complex.
So ... apart from blue passports, none then.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:17 pm
So ... apart from blue passports, none then.
And we could have had blue passports anyway.

It's amazing how difficult it is to find out what Brexiters expect from leaving the EU. I'm prepared to change my mind if only someone would explain the advantages , and I mean for the ordinary people, not the Cheese-Moggie types who will make lots of dosh out of it.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

And therein lies the reason I want to remain. I have yet to hear a single quantifiable benefit from someone who wants to leave.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Still no benefits...
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Almost as if this wasn't thought through at the outset. But sure, let's hear more meaningless phrases like, "get Brexit done" ad nauseam.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pwrmoore wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:30 am Still no benefits...
Taking back control from Brussels and putting it in the house of commons. Shur even a casual look at the goings on in said house over the last few weeks or even years will clearly set out the benefits far better than any fecker could document. Team GB rocks. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Gwan another hung Parluament!
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Farage not standing for election. Failed 8 times to be an MP. Happy taking money as an MEP
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:57 pm Farage not standing for election. Failed 8 times to be an MP. Happy taking money as an MEP
Chicken.

Strangely, in this election a strong Brexit party is actually in our interests.

Good to see a Rebel Alliance taking shape in NI and shameful that the UUP has succumbed to intimidation.

'mon the Remainers!
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

The new UUP leader not only looks like the former UR leader but suffers from the same lack of testicular fortitude!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Setanta wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:34 pm The new UUP leader not only looks like the former UR leader but suffers from the same lack of testicular fortitude!
A lot of very valid arguements agin supporting the Shinners (or at least giving them a free run) but no representation is surely a better option than DUP representation.
Big Neville Southall