Craigavon tops polls in most desirable places to live

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Craigavon tops polls in most desirable places to live

Post by thecrouch »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/be ... uk-9938782

Top 10 most desirable places to live in Northern Ireland:

1. BT65 - Craigavon, County Armagh

2. BT16 - Dundonald, Belfast

3. BT64 - Craigavon-Lurgan

4. BT66 - Lurgan, County Armagh

5. BT10 - Finaghy, Belfast

Three of Craigavons postcodes make it into the top 5. This just confirms what all of us who originate from picturesque upper bann have always known, we are very fortunate to have lived in such a utopian oasis of beauty. 8)
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Craigavon tops polls in most desirable places to live

Post by Russ »

thecrouch wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/be ... uk-9938782

Three of Craigavons postcodes make it into the top 5. This just confirms what all of us who originate from picturesque upper bann have always known, we are very fortunate to have lived in such a utopian oasis of beauty. 8)
Maybe only people from disgusting areas read such a disgusting paper

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Russ wrote:

The ranking was determined by economists Russy, using census data among other sources.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

thecrouch wrote:
Russ wrote:

The ranking was determined by economists Russy, using census data among other sources.
Fecking economists

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

No BT9 and no Lisburn on the list. Bottles of Pimms are being opened in anger across these areas as we speak.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amusingly Crouchie I was brought up in BT16 before the Ulster Hospital was built and in the pre Ballybeen days and the general movement from inner to outer Belfast, which also swelled the Bangor populace. In those distant days 50 years ago, it was a pretty green oasis but I'm not sure I'd chose many parts of it these days though of course there are some lovely parts and I have many friends perfectly happy there.

It amazes me that anyone could be overtly fond of Lurgan though I used to regularly win prizes in their Scratch Cup at Lurgan GC. I did once moon a collection of louts on the platform of Lurgan railways station as they were abusing the occupants of the late train home from an International. One young lout did bellow, "Aye, yer hard behind glass mate" but I'm pretty sure the sight of my Gary Glitter was the most interesting thing that happened in Lurgan that day. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Amusingly Crouchie I was brought up in BT16 before the Ulster Hospital was built and in the pre Ballybeen days and the general movement from inner to outer Belfast, which also swelled the Bangor populace. In those distant days 50 years ago, it was a pretty green oasis but I'm not sure I'd chose many parts of it these days though of course there are some lovely parts and I have many friends perfectly happy there.

It amazes me that anyone could be overtly fond of Lurgan though I used to regularly win prizes in their Scratch Cup at Lurgan GC. I did once moon a collection of louts on the platform of Lurgan railways station as they were abusing the occupants of the late train home from an International. One young lout did bellow, "Aye, yer hard behind glass mate" but I'm pretty sure the sight of my Gary Glitter was the most interesting thing that happened in Lurgan that day. :D
Lurgan itself is only one small part of BT66 which stretches from Lough Neagh across to Donnaghcloney with only the minimum of suburban sprawl interrupting the rural idyll.

BT65's inclusion which is Brownlow is a little trickier to understand imho.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Fake news
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Honestly. Daily Mirror

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Amusingly Crouchie I was brought up in BT16 before the Ulster Hospital was built and in the pre Ballybeen days and the general movement from inner to outer Belfast, which also swelled the Bangor populace. In those distant days 50 years ago, it was a pretty green oasis but I'm not sure I'd chose many parts of it these days though of course there are some lovely parts and I have many friends perfectly happy there.

Lurgan is a wonderful place. Great people are from Lurgan. Very great. You won't believe how great.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:

Lurgan is a wonderful place. Great people are from Lurgan. Very great. You won't believe how great.

OK Donald
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
thecrouch wrote:

OK Donald
Instead of retiring to spain baggy you should get yourself a nice wee abode in Lurgan.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

thecrouch wrote:
Instead of retiring to spain baggy you should get yourself a nice wee abode in Lurgan.
He tried to buy a place there but they all told him to get lost :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Bo***cks to Brexit
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I assume the economists took a base stat of affordable homes into this

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Craigavon, Dundonald and Lurgan.