Manchester

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Manchester

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
Neil F wrote:You learned from Reuters that too many people are allowed to sit on the fence?

You learned from Reuters that profiling might help?

You learned from Reuters that people take advantage of our "liberal approach"?

Um... Right.
No I learned from Reuters that the Islamic state took responsibility for the attack which I thought was obviously what you were referring to.
I love the way your first port of call is to defend Muslims like they are the real victims in this.
We can't relax on beaches, go shopping, do sightseeing and now our children can't attend pop concerts without being considered legitimate targets.
Your liberal idealisms are crumbling.
Your liberal solutions have failed.
You might as well believe in unicorns rather than thinking a liberal approach will in any way provide an antidote to these nutters.
Thing is the extreemists are a minority and ordinary decent Muslims get lumped in along with them, it's like some people associated Catholics with the IRA and Protestants with the UVF, you can't lump everyone of a particular sect in with the fruitcakes that belong to that sect.
Oh yes he can. Jizzer is a pantomime villain who uses the word "liberal" like I use the word "fuc'k". He is a right wing reactionary, except on some domestic issues, not many as far as I can discern & believe me if something is remotely discernible I'm the man to discern it. :lol:

Jizzer moral compass has taken a knock, he sees all Muslims as his enemy, wonders why every Imam in the country isn't out in the street apologising for ever act of terrorism in the world. It never occurs to Jizzer that it os possible to share a race or religion with a miscreant and not actually be responsible for their actions. No to Jizzbeg every Muslim in this UK is a potential bomber, people to denigrate and despise.

FFFS Jizzbomb would you ever grow up & take the white Christian blinkers off, the world is in a mess mainly because of the actions of white Christian males. You can take that to the bank, but listen pal, I don't apologise for that, neither should you. Muslims don't need to apologise for last night if they distance themselves from it all well and good but the Muslim people of Britain did not attack the rest of the country last night.

Yours Jizzer with a liberal amount of concern for your befuddled brain. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bombs don't need to be 'ordered', any nutjob can make an improvised device in his bedroom. What is the non-liberal response? The same one K Hopkins is talking about?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

The neo-nazi nutter who planted bombs in gay pubs in the 90s made the bombs himself without an accomplice.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

22 year old Salman Abedi was born a British national his parents having been refugees fleeing the tyrannical Gaddafi regime in Lybia.
Ah well that's gratitude for you.
Still I'm sure the next generation of 'sanctuary seeker's, ( my new non offensive term for immigrants ), will be grand.
Fingers crossed anyway!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

A whole lot of cheap point scoring going on on this thread.
A pox on all your houses.

This is about murdered children.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Unfortunately there is no easy 'solution' to this one. Radicalization of young muslims can be done online, in homes or anywhere really and as mentioned above these guys can make improvised devices pretty easily or just drive a truck or wield a knife and cause carnage. Unlike the IRA, then don't really have a clear political goal and a clear leadership structure so it's difficult to see how you would negotiate.

I fear that this is pretty much the new 'norm'. We will rely on the intelligence services to try and prevent such tragedies and in many cases they may be successful. However, realistically these kind of attacks are incredibly difficult to prevent. It would be lovely if we could simply wipe out ISIS somewhere far away by a drone or boots on the ground but the reality is that this probably just stokes the coals of radicalisation. So whilst it may reduce their capability in that region temporarily, it probably just increases the number of 'lone wolves' and cells in other regions.

Anyway, as snipe says this is about the victims. I can't begin to contemplate how horrific and unjust this is for the families affected. Life is a real f***** sometimes.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

We all have an opinion and I'm always interested in hearing them but is today the day to air them?

There is an eight year old child who won't be sleeping in her bed tonight FFS.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:A whole lot of cheap point scoring going on on this thread.

You aren't really a good judge of the written word are you Snipe? I am most certainly not point scoring, I'm trying to help a lost sheep, thought you'd approve.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I had relatives at this concert, both are thankfully safe.

The fact that my relative and her daughter (8) got out safe is one thing but I can't stop thinking about all those children who didn't. Her tickets were a birthday present .

There's a special place in hell for these ba$tards and it's too good for them .
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Fair bit of moralistic point scoring too. It's just words. You attach whatever meaning you want.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:A whole lot of cheap point scoring going on on this thread.

You aren't really a good judge of the written word are you Snipe? I am most certainly not point scoring, I'm trying to help a lost sheep, thought you'd approve.
I don't mean you, so don't be so precious youl ejit.........
I'm referring to bazzaj's inappropriate diatribe and anyone else who may see fit to join him. Murdered children do cause me to lose my normally temperate poise.

Of course I am a classical scholar and connoisseur of the written word. :roll:
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Cheap point scoring, pox on my house you are the one who has lost the plot Snipe.
Shouldn't you be wishing that on perpetrators of such crimes really but hey if you see me as the problem maybe a rethink is required and some degree of perspective.
Its easy to preach from a high tower but please remember how you would have felt when an outsider to the troubles provided a solution similar to, 'why can't you all just get along?'

To be fair I think this attack could be the straw that broke the camels back and I have seen them speaking out against this attacks
I think there's a lot of them sitting now feeling they could have done more to out this latest loser as all the clues were there.
These guys must come forward from now on and their communities should be encouraging them to do so.
It is my one hope that this tragedy has opened people's eyes to this.

Wahhabism was identified as the route of this problem by a lady on gmtv this morning and I agree it's a source of the problem that must be addressed.
We in the West pander to the Saudis and it's due to an agreement that took place in 1945 between them and the USA when Roosevelt agreed to not touch their religion if they provided them Oil.
It was signed on the Bitter Lake and this extreme form of Islam has been allowed to go unchallenged since and has manifested itself into what we see today.
The Adam Curtis documentary of the same time should be compulsory viewing as I've said before.

Trump and previous administrations since have been pandering to them since including a Hillary Clinton arms deal worth 80 billion.
Their involvement in 9/11 was basically overlooked.
Trumps travel ban did not include them.
Noone is prepared to cut them adrift but they can't condone terrorist extremists without doing that.

The security services do a great job but the responsibility to fight this war is a collective from the top down.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

222toHounslow wrote:We all have an opinion and I'm always interested in hearing them but is today the day to air them?

There is an eight year old child who won't be sleeping in her bed tonight FFS.
Yes an 8 year old that could have been my daughter.
I do an agree to an extent but I like coming on here as frustrating as I find it because I get a different opinion.
Everyone I know here thinks along similar lines but as people I know are caught up and living in it.
It is good for me to get a liberal standpoint from the outside as much as I do disagree with it at times I do take it on board in order to get a more balanced viewpoint.
If people want to indulge me like Baggy, Roost or Neil it's great.
If not don't.

When you saw that devastation yesterday did you keep any opinion you had to yourself?
Fair play if you did you are a better person than I.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Trumps travel ban did not include the Saudis because they were in the process of doing a huge arms deal which was announced last week.
Between the Saudis and the USA the entire region is destabilised and it is going to be very difficult to settle it down again. The dictators who kept the region basically stable have been removed or are in the process of being removed and the entire region is a feck from Morocco right across North Africa to Pakistan and up round the corner to Turkey
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

I tend to agree with bazzaj that Saudi is the origin of a lot (but not all...) of the problems.

There is no way the US/UK will do anything though. Oil and arms sales are more important.