Gay Marriage

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Gay Marriage

Post by Dave »

Biblical view of marriage. If a woman can't prove she is a virgin after she gets married, stone her to death. If you rape a virgin, just marry her and pay her dad 50 shekels, then everything is schweet.

Deuteronomy 22:

13 If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,”15 then the young woman’s father and mother shall bring to the town elders at the gate proof that she was a virgin. 16 Her father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. 17 Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, 18 and the elders shall take the man and punish him. 19 They shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give them to the young woman’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

22 If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

25 But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. 26 Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, 27 for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[c]of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

30 A man is not to marry his father’s wife; he must not dishonor his father’s bed.[d]
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

As my wise old mum always used to say, just dig a deep hole chuck them all in and let them get on with it.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Just thinking that may have been paramilitaries she was piffling on about.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Someone told me god hates fags
I wonder if fags care?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The first 5 books of the Bible are definitely the best crack
What is the post Brexit Sterling to Shekel rate anyway?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I especially laugh at the ridiculous bit where, "God" created the earth and the seas and everything.
Everyone with half a logical brain knows that it all just created itself out of nothing.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:The first 5 books of the Bible are definitely the best crack
3 goats, 2 chickens, 1 cow and 2 bushels of spuds plus 1 bushel of carrots and an onion
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Biblical view of marriage. If a woman can't prove she is a virgin after she gets married, stone her to death. If you rape a virgin, just marry her and pay her dad 50 shekels, then everything is schweet.

Deuteronomy 22:

13 If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,”15 then the young woman’s father and mother shall bring to the town elders at the gate proof that she was a virgin. 16 Her father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. 17 Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, 18 and the elders shall take the man and punish him. 19 They shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give them to the young woman’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

22 If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

25 But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. 26 Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, 27 for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[c]of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

30 A man is not to marry his father’s wife; he must not dishonor his father’s bed.[d]

That has instantly become my favourite bible passage, I can see now whilst all these holier than the next man types feel so superior in the faith.

I suspect the vast majority of "Christians" are not Christians by conviction but from upbringing and lack of an enquiring mind. I further suspect that most have at best "skim read" the bible and shrugged their shoulders at the type of mind numbing sexism & male hypocrisy demonstrated in my favourite passage above.

Mind you as many of you will know, the above is not my favourite passage at all, being as gay as the next man, that would be the back passage.

Show me one Norn Iron Christian who has done God's will by hurling stones at the head of a woman who is fond of a rub of the relic and I will show you a genuine god-fearing Christian, simultaneously doubling as a wife beating violent misogynistic psychopathic murdering basterd.

Sadly I don't believe there is a single Christian in Norn Iron, each and everyone will select which abominations they chose to take God's direction on, like a fu'cking a la carte menu of abominations, in fact, the only one they seem to have the remotest interest in is, "thou shalt no take yer neighbour, his wife nor his ox and especially not his ass up the shitepipe".

I'm all for loving my fellow man, and his wife.............. if he turns his back long enough, even then it's a tough choice ....................any ould port in a storm.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The first 5 books of the Bible are definitely the best crack
3 goats, 2 chickens, 1 cow and 2 bushels of spuds plus 1 bushel of carrots and an onion
I suppose that is a family recipe handed down from Old Mother Rooster?
delich.png
delich.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Talking of goats, has anybody tried the wee Carribean restaurant on University St?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I have an issue with any type of marriage, it's for headers.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Talking of goats, has anybody tried the wee Carribean restaurant on University St?
They dont feck goats in the Windies

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Talking of goats, has anybody tried the wee Carribean restaurant on University St?
Don't like goat so won't try it either
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
They dont feck goats in the Windies

It's usually well fecked by the time it ends up in the curry.
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Vanhelsing wrote:Homosexuality is wrong it's a lifestyle, don't come back with the old rhetoric animals committ homosexual acts marriage is between man and women
Either massive idiot or fantastic windup merchant.