Gay Marriage

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Gay Marriage

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy

Freddie Mercury, Elton John ,
Gay Pride pure exhibitionism at its greatest and best

The fact they were/are gay didn't stop me buying their records but they camped it up to the hilt .

Dave if your only identification of perversion is anal your short of experience and imagination .

Baggy get this straight I don't approve of anyone being victimised for their sexuality I just don't approved of anyone jumping up and down wanting my approval for their choice .

As for my remark to my daughter she understood exactly what I meant by the remark and identification of the dangers of decision .

Her doctor was even blunter to her at the age of 15 when asking if she wanted to go on the pill

" you know most unmarried mothers end up on the game "
I didn't identify any perversion. You referenced Jimmy Saville and now you claim I lack 'imagination and experience'. Shagged many corpses lately? Well I suppose at your age...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave

"IS this perversion simply anal" was the question you posed and the answer is a definite No

Baggy

If the sin you commit is in the ten commandments Exodus 20 14 rather than leviticus 18 22 who is the bigger sinner ?

You have me as someone who is anti homosexual not true work beside and with one for 13 years no recrimainations in all that time I just dislike activists and people who wave red rags in front of bulls just to noticed .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy

Freddie Mercury, Elton John ,
Gay Pride pure exhibitionism at its greatest and best

The fact they were/are gay didn't stop me buying their records but they camped it up to the hilt .

Dave if your only identification of perversion is anal your short of experience and imagination .

Baggy get this straight I don't approve of anyone being victimised for their sexuality I just don't approved of anyone jumping up and down wanting my approval for their choice .

As for my remark to my daughter she understood exactly what I meant by the remark and identification of the dangers of decision .

Her doctor was even blunter to her at the age of 15 when asking if she wanted to go on the pill

" you know most unmarried mothers end up on the game "
That wasn't me.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Getting a name wrong is probably the least wrong thing he's typed all day
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rumncoke wrote: Could somebody please identify how. Civil Partnership differs legally from a marriage .
I think we previously narrowed it down to:

Partners of peers of the realm do not get a title.

And

Adultery is not grounds for the dissolution of a civil partnership. Adultery (with opposite sex) is grounds for divorce.

I think that was it.

As for the rest of your post, Rum, the only other thing worth commenting on is to remind you that there are a lot of gay people out there who don't have Freddy Mercury moustache and wear leather caps, who don't shout about gay rights at every opportunity and don't tell you about any perversions or any of their other sexual habits. But then you probably don't notice that they are gay.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

To be fair to Freddie Mercury, while he might have had the stereotypical tache and camped it up a bit, he was fairly guarded about his private life.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

[quote="rumncoke] Baggy get this straight I don't approve of anyone being victimised for their sexuality I just don't approved of anyone jumping up and down wanting my approval for their choice[/quote]

I doubt anyone is looking for approval from the like of you. As for it being a choice, yet another utterly moronic comment.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
rumncoke wrote: Could somebody please identify how. Civil Partnership differs legally from a marriage .

And

Adultery is not grounds for the dissolution of a civil partnership. Adultery (with opposite sex) is grounds for divorce.

I think that was it.

As for the rest of your post, Rum, the only other thing worth commenting on is to remind you that there are a lot of gay people out there who don't have Freddy Mercury moustache and wear leather caps, who don't shout about gay rights at every opportunity and don't tell you about any perversions or any of their other sexual habits. But then you probably don't notice that they are gay.
Pretty sure you know well that that is not it BR, indeed unless I'm unusually mistaken you mentioned other things that differ in a not entirely unrelated post this very week. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:
Baggy

If the sin you commit is in the ten commandments Exodus 20 14 rather than leviticus 18 22 who is the bigger sinner ?

You have me as someone who is anti homosexual not true work beside and with one for 13 years no recrimainations in all that time I just dislike activists and people who wave red rags in front of bulls just to noticed .
Ron'n, as you know I don't regard you as a dunce, I do regard you as a self-satisfied mentalist who is very happy to spout utter bullshit about things he does not understand or resent.

You are essentially saying you have no objection to homosexuals as long as they shut up about it and pretend to be "normal", one man's "exhibitionist" is another man's "outgoing individual" how any one person views that is open to being decided by their own prejudices.

Be that as it may, a simple question that will not tax you? You say you don't like "activists" so, just this: how do things change in society to bring equality in anything without the work of activists. From weemin getting the vote, to decriminalising homosexuality, to "equal pay", safe work conditions, just about anything significant, how does that come about Ron'n, if not due to determined activists?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:

And

I think that was it.

Pretty sure you know well that that is not it BR, indeed unless I'm unusually mistaken you mentioned other things that differ in a not entirely unrelated post this very week. >EW
I'm pretty sure I didn't. So either you are mistaken or I've gone all mysterious again.

I believe it was in the epic Big Gay Cake thread that we discussed the practical differences between Marriage and Civil Partnership. We decided that the differences are that a peer's partner does not get a title and that adultery is not grounds for dissolution (although unreasonable behaviour is). IIRC you were going to write a letter to the Pink News complaining that you had been previously misinformed.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:

And

I think that was it.

I'm pretty sure I didn't. So either you are mistaken or I've gone all mysterious again.

I believe it was in the epic Big Gay Cake thread that we discussed the practical differences between Marriage and Civil Partnership. We decided that the differences are that a peer's partner does not get a title and that adultery is not grounds for dissolution (although unreasonable behaviour is). IIRC you were going to write a letter to the Pink News complaining that you had been previously misinformed.
Very selective recall BR, we also decided that there were other things such as pension rights, inheritance rights and amongst other things, were you and I in a relationship and you sadly got run over and killed by an out of control pantechnicon, chock full of ancient mahogany furniture, I would not have the right to have you cremated and your ashes scattered in our most meaningful place, the decision would be that of your closest family member, as would be the decision as to what to do with your most prized possession, that framed signed Ulster Rugby jumper.

I suspect your limited recall mainly reflects your own opinion of which differences are important, but of course, that is for you to decide.

I do find the splendid Pink News is an organ without many deviations from the truth, unlike the Daily Fascist for example.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I believe that civil partners are considered next-of-kin in most circumstances, in the same way that spouses are in most circumstances. Again, I hear all the stuff about differences in inheritance, etc, but nobody is showing me any practical examples.

Also, if you were truly my life partner, you would know that my framed signed jumper has, in recent weeks been replaced as my prized-possession by a rather more wonderful piece of signed, framed memorabilia.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I believe that civil partners are considered next-of-kin in most circumstances, in the same way that spouses are in most circumstances. Again, I hear all the stuff about differences in inheritance, etc, but nobody is showing me any practical examples.

Also, if you were truly my life partner, you would know that my framed signed jumper has, in recent weeks been replaced as my prized-possession by a rather more wonderful piece of signed, framed memorabilia.

Well I believe your understanding is almost always wrong, especially if your civil partners parents decide that they are the next of kin and other family members would be legally entitled to intervene also. You may have intended to remark that in reality, most relatives would not intervene, but just because most people have the decency to do the right thing doesn't mean the law shouldn't.

As for your new framed memorabilia, you know I never liked it, this is what happens when break ups aren't entirely amicable, thank God we had no children to consider. :D
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Parents and other family members can challenge a married spouse's claims too. Hence it is never a good idea to die intestate (although even wills can be challenged). Where a decision has to be made, I believe the guidelines direct that the same weight be given to a civil partnership as to a marriage.

You know, I'm beginning to think you are just jealous of my memorabilia. As a peace offering, maybe you would like my latest acquisition.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Parents and other family members can challenge a married spouse's claims too. Hence it is never a good idea to die intestate (although even wills can be challenged). Where a decision has to be made, I believe the guidelines direct that the same weight be given to a civil partnership as to a marriage.

You know, I'm beginning to think you are just jealous of my memorabilia. As a peace offering, maybe you would like my latest acquisition.
Who is he? How much did you pay for him, where has he been & is he a good lay?:D

Got to tell you this before I go, I do believe you are right in general terms and that more often than not good decisions will be made in many fields but there are exceptions for I trust neither banks, insurance companies, other pension providers nor many other entities to do the right thing if they can get away with doing a less expensive thing and all of the above are more than likely to use the current lack of certainty in laws for their own benefit. That my dear is why I would change the law in favour of equal marriage for those who wish to be married ................and before you say a word :lol: ....... no, I wouldn't extend it to polygamy or cretins who'd like to marry their budgie/dog/cat/monkey ............just one other human.