Ophelia

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ophelia

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:To think that some morons were questioning why schools in the safety of Dublin should be closed. Below is Leeson Street, D4.

#classickearney

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:First fatality has been reported. A woman in her 20's in Waterford has died when a tree hit her car.

Hopefully this will now be a strong reminder to everybody to get off the roads and stay indoors for the rest of the day. In 99% of cases there is no reason people have to go out, it is only 1 fecking day.
Very sad news

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Feck it is getting strong now. Just looking out my window and see trees across the way swaying like feck. None close enough to me thank feck. There is a pole right outside though and it is moving. Hopefully the fecking thing won't come down.

Friend of mine on other side of city has tree fallen into his garden. Thankfully did not hit the house.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Starting to get a bit draughty up here now too
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Montrose Street, off the Albertbridge Road in Belfast is closed after the front of what appears to be a derelict building collapsed. The road will be closed to allow safety measures be put in place.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Shan wrote:
Montrose Street, off the Albertbridge Road in Belfast is closed after the front of what appears to be a derelict building collapsed. The road will be closed to allow safety measures be put in place.

Theres nothing there that'll be missed. Hope nobody hurt.

Power cut at Stormont apparently. Wonder has anyone noticed
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Feck it is getting strong now. Just looking out my window and see trees across the way swaying like feck. None close enough to me thank feck. There is a pole right outside though and it is moving. Hopefully the fecking thing won't come down.

Friend of mine on other side of city has tree fallen into his garden. Thankfully did not hit the house.
Least you could do is let the Pole in. Heartless

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Second fatality. This is sad. I hope others will take note and leave any risky activity to the emergency services who are trained for this.
A man in his early 30s has died after an incident while he was clearing a fallen tree with a chainsaw in Co Tipperary.

The incident happened at around 12.30pm at Ballybrado, Cahir.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

ColinM wrote:
Power cut at Stormont apparently.
Every cloud has a silver lining and all that. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Look at this fecking eejit. Why the jaysus won't people stay away from danger areas.

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:Friends missus works in a pharmacy. Been on Bakebook demanding the day off

You work in a fecking medical field!

If she was in the civil service she'd almost certainly get a promotion for such declarations of commitment and dedication.
Same issue I have with junior doctors in england

You didn't join the profession for the money. You joined to save fecking lives

For the umpteenth time, it really is not about the money. As a junior anaesthetist, my daughter would probably be paid a bit more under Jeremy's proposals, but like most of her colleagues, is four-square against them.
Thanks, Merv, saved me the bother of explaining to Toryboy. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

As for the Civil Service baiters, yes I know some of them, particularly the well qualified witless ones, deserve opprobrium heaped upon them, but let's think this through, they run the country, would you really the DUP/UDA & SF/IRA populate the country with their appointees? I give you, care in the home by the Ballymurphy Kneebreakers, Care for the Elderly by Dee'sTit's Bonfire Brigade of the North Down Defenders etc etc.

DISCLAIMER: I worked for the NICS for 1 week before becoming a young userer about town in me th'ee-piece-whistle. I went in after lunch on my first day at the valuable task of branding dates on pensions books to hand in my resignation, I'm off to Dublin to learn legalised theft, I'll work the week if you like.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:Friends missus works in a pharmacy. Been on Bakebook demanding the day off

You work in a fecking medical field!

If she was in the civil service she'd almost certainly get a promotion for such declarations of commitment and dedication.
Same issue I have with junior doctors in england

You didn't join the profession for the money. You joined to save fecking lives

For the umpteenth time, it really is not about the money. As a junior anaesthetist, my daughter would probably be paid a bit more under Jeremy's proposals, but like most of her colleagues, is four-square against them.
Thanks, Merv, saved me the bother of explaining to Toryboy. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

As for the Civil Service baiters, yes I know some of them, particularly the well qualified witless ones, deserve opprobrium heaped upon them, but let's think this through, they run the country, would you really the DUP/UDA & SF/IRA populate the country with their appointees? I give you, care in the home by the Ballymurphy Kneebreakers, Care for the Elderly by Dee'sTit's Bonfire Brigade of the North Down Defenders etc etc.

DISCLAIMER: I worked for the NICS for 1 week before becoming a young userer about town in me th'ee-piece-whistle. I went in after lunch on my first day at the valuable task of branding dates on pensions books to hand in my resignation, I'm off to Dublin to learn legalised theft, I'll work the week if you like.
I hate the Tories
Centrism is the future

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Post on another forum from earlier. :D
National disaster will be declared if South Dublin is affected. All RTE resources will be redeployed to report on the developing humanitarian disaster in South Dublin.....
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Third fatality - A man has died near Dundalk after tree fell on his car. F-ck I hope this doesn't keep rising.

Stay safe guys - It's a coming yer way pretty strongly now. Still strong gusts here but I think the worst is over.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: My message to the world is, if some of the rescuers dies, as a result, I will take out a contract and wipe out the entire family of the fu'cktard responsible.
Thanks to our correspondent in Riyadh. :D

That being said I agree completely with the sentiment. Brave people in the rescue services have been lost before because some almost incredibly stupid people have taken unnecessary risks. It is galling to say the least when that happens.
I thought I was chief punishment beater in Riyadh ? Anyway I would have shot them off their surfboards and if the bodies washed up let their friends retrieve them and if the crabs eat them so be it.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best