# MeToo

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: # MeToo

Post by Dave »

No. The world has gone PC mad. It's nothing to do with the fact that I'm a white, straight-man, with little ability to empathise for those outside my own perceived social, racial, cultural perspective. I think the world is offended by everything when really I'm so utterly offended when my own sense of privilege and entitlement is threatened. Free Tommeh.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Dave wrote:Wonder will this tool ever get sacked?Image
I don't really think this is incitement of hatred. He's expressing his belief that he thinks a whole range of folk are off to visit the big scary red man with the fork. I think he's nuts in terms of what he believes but I think he can say it as long as it's not hate speech as such. That said, if it's in his contract that he can't come out with these kind of crap then fair enough to give him the boot - he shouldn't have signed it in the 1st place.

As I said, I don't agree or believe in what he said - in fact I meet several of his criteria for going to hell but at least he is willing to stand up for what he believes in (saying this as an atheist...) and is willing to give up his career for it. He's got more balls than a lot of the people giving him s*** for it. I may be biassed though as I think he is a wonderful wonderful player and am gutted that with a RWC on the horizon that we going to miss out on seeing some of the best talent around.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

He can believe whatever he wants but while young people are being bullied and, in some cases, committing suicide because of their sexuality and others are struggling with addiction a twunt like this should not use his position as a high profile sportsman to put this shyte into the public domain. Wouldn't touch him with John Taylor's 40 ft pole.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

againstthehead wrote:
Dave wrote:Wonder will this tool ever get sacked?Image
I don't really think this is incitement of hatred. He's expressing his belief that he thinks a whole range of folk are off to visit the big scary red man with the fork. I think he's nuts in terms of what he believes but I think he can say it as long as it's not hate speech as such. That said, if it's in his contract that he can't come out with these kind of crap then fair enough to give him the boot - he shouldn't have signed it in the 1st place.

As I said, I don't agree or believe in what he said - in fact I meet several of his criteria for going to hell but at least he is willing to stand up for what he believes in (saying this as an atheist...) and is willing to give up his career for it. He's got more balls than a lot of the people giving him s*** for it. I may be biassed though as I think he is a wonderful wonderful player and am gutted that with a RWC on the horizon that we going to miss out on seeing some of the best talent around.
He has form. There are plenty of ways described in the bible in which you can sin and end up in hell. Somehow being gay/lesbian are always on his list. He is a bigot.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

folau1.png
folau1.png (92.3 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
Now LOOK............. for the idiots and zealots amongst you, this has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of religion, though I will remind you all that with great freedoms comes great responsibility. This turd was told a year ago that his homophobic outbursts were contrary to the terms of his contract and that if he repeated them, he would face serious sanction

This is an employee, flouting agreed norms for contracted employees on social media, Fu@k all to do with the freedom to express his religious beliefs. As such he is a dunce and looks set to pay a heavy price for his decision that he knows best. Tough shyte mate, yer sacked.

When I read his remarks and those of Billy Vunibastard I shrugged my shoulders and thought.......
Cuntfarm.jpg
Cuntfarm.jpg (40.24 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

A bit like yersel Baggy - having form and flouting the accepted norms of this message board by your language?

Shirley you didn't escape from the farm yourself?

Nothing to do with freedom of speech, but (I presume) you have been warned that your outbursts are contrary to the terms of this forum and that if you repeat them, you will face serious sanction.

As such are you a dunce and look set to pay a heavy price for your decision that you know best?

Or is this a cry for martyrdom so that you don't keep getting lured back here to chastise the stupid? Or do you think you'll get away with it .... again? >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ill take a punt on this and guess that Izzy felt that the warning he received was unfair and a breach of his religious liberty with the most recent post as an ill judged and blundering gesture of defiance. As Baggy says, "with great freedom comes great responsibility".
The big issue is that if people feel their identity is under assault they naturally retreat into their safe silos and go to defcon 1. Any semblance of trust or hope of effective communication is then lost.
Until people accept each other "warts and all" with all our differences, these problems will continue to blight society and probably get worse.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

On the positive side, good to have our longstanding dislike of Billy justified.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:On the positive side, good to have our longstanding dislike of Billy justified.
Agreed.

Tis a pity the game on Saturday is not in Thomond Park. I'm sure the locals would have had a lot of fun with him. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:On the positive side, good to have our longstanding dislike of Billy justified.
Oh, I don't know. Here was me just starting to warm to him ... >EW
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:
Agreed.

Tis a pity the game on Saturday is not in Thomond Park. I'm sure the locals would have had a lot of fun with him. :D
Toe bee shore, Oi hope yous wooden be sayin annythin provocative or insultin, now? :shock:

Apparently people take it bad if anything provocative is said, these days.
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
Agreed.

Should still be more Munster fans there. Certainly more who actually know who's playing for Sorries.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Toe bee shore, Oi hope yous wooden be sayin annythin provocative or insultin, now? :shock:

Apparently people take it bad if anything provocative is said, these days.
Anybody publically advertising a personal opinion on any subject must be prepared to accept the price such activity incurs. If I said in public that I believe all left handed people are doomed to a life of failure I'd expect to be mercilessly mocked or worse and I'd deserve it. Even if I was able to demonstrate that my opinion was formed as a result of my sincere belief in the God known as Righthandman it would not and should not change that.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ImageImage