Coronavirus 2020 - What can I do?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Fintan
Novice

Re: Coronavirus 2020 - What can I do?

Post by Fintan »

Why on earth was Alok Sharma standing in the House of Commons feeling ill, sweating and mopping his brow?
I thought if we didn't feel well and any symptoms of Covid-19 we were to stay at home.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

His timing was impeccable. What a shower of incompetent bellends.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

How to make your own facemask - useful link -- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52609777
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Well you could just flout any official requirements by not wearing a mask on the tube and then make up some Bull story about you just took it off for a minute to make a call. Oh and apparently also forget sometimes when you run in and out of a shop.

And I thought only Shinners blatantly ignored any british rules...
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 am Well you could just flout any official requirements by not wearing a mask on the tube and then make up some Bull story about you just took it off for a minute to make a call. Oh and apparently also forget sometimes when you run in and out of a shop.

And I thought only Shinners blatantly ignored any british rules...
Best comment so far

"It's not the first time Sammy has bared his cheeks ..."
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The figures in NI are truly shocking. A multiple of the rate down south.
For months you seemed to be doing alright but something has gone seriously wrong in the last weeks and now it's spread into Donegal, Monaghan and north Louth. There is a lot of worry down here and another lockdown seems inevitable.
Rugby seems to have been overwhelmed for the time being. It is becoming hard to see the pro game surviving much longer.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Students and/or culchies.

As long as the hospitals are coping.

The auld Swedes are having the last laugh.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Who's up for the vaccine? Think I'll avoid the RNA wan and wait for the Oxford wan.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:03 pm Who's up for the vaccine? Think I'll avoid the RNA wan and wait for the Oxford wan.
Hear hear. Buy British!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Im in the Novavax trial. My best guess I have received the actual vaccine and not the placebo.

Still have all my limbs.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:40 pm Im in the Novavax trial. My best guess I have received the actual vaccine and not the placebo.

Still have all my limbs.
Fair play, sir! Those of us who aren't in a position to do trials appreciate your effort. :stout:

Excess death figures back down again to about +10% which is reassuring. Back into normal range before Xmas would be great.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:40 pm Im in the Novavax trial. My best guess I have received the actual vaccine and not the placebo.

Still have all my limbs.
Presumably you'll need another one just to be sure.

Out of interest, what makes you think you got the "real deal"?
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I've had two doses.

After the 2nd injection I felt brad pitt the next day. Fever, aches etc. By 8pm though I was fine.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

We were fairly shocked down here at the scenes of the ambulances outside the hospital in Antrim last night.
It seems you continue to have a rate of Covid at least four times the rate down here, although it has slipped over into Donegal and Louth.
So what's going on? What is said down here by people who have visited NI is that northerners appear to be more lax than we are on masks and social distancing. The Executive hasn't covered itself in glory either.
We were fed up with the restrictions down here in November but in fairness they seemed to work. My son is back in rugby training with his club and who knows? we might see a live match in 2021.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dublin4 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:28 pm We were fairly shocked down here at the scenes of the ambulances outside the hospital in Antrim last night.
It seems you continue to have a rate of Covid at least four times the rate down here, although it has slipped over into Donegal and Louth.
So what's going on? What is said down here by people who have visited NI is that northerners appear to be more lax than we are on masks and social distancing. The Executive hasn't covered itself in glory either.
We were fed up with the restrictions down here in November but in fairness they seemed to work. My son is back in rugby training with his club and who knows? we might see a live match in 2021.
To be fair, Antrim Area had a bit of a shambolic record before Covid.

May be time to suspend some of the elective stuff for a while.
Big Neville Southall