Michael O’Weary

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Michael O’Weary

Post by Bart S »

I see he has opened his gob again to spout some more self-interest sh1t

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51596125

What exactly does a muslim look like? He seems blissfully unaware that someone’s religious affinity can change at any time and there is no way for the airlines to know this. Mr Hussein is not necessarily a muslim and the white male called mr smith in his passport may well be one. He also seems blissfully unaware that women can also be terrorists and that people who are suicide bombers don’t really give a toss about saving their families either.

As is always the case with him every utterance is motivated by self-interest.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Michael O’Weary

Post by big mervyn »

What does he gain? :scratch:

Surely it just makes his poxy airline a target?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Silly stuff from O'Leary. He loves talking but there is no sense in this. Let security do their job and just get on with doing his own.

The only thing I would say Bart - I'm not aware of any cases where suicide bombers have brought their families along for the ride. However if the security tactic was employed it seems likely someone would take advantage of it.

Finally I am also not aware of any Irish ever attempting to blow up planes. A small few of course did blow up other things but it has no relevance to O'Leary's point so I assume he only raised it in a very stupid attempt to be seen as non-islamophobic.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:50 am Silly stuff from O'Leary. He loves talking but there is no sense in this. Let security do their job and just get on with doing his own.

The only thing I would say Bart - I'm not aware of any cases where suicide bombers have brought their families along for the ride. However if the security tactic was employed it seems likely someone would take advantage of it.

Finally I am also not aware of any Irish ever attempting to blow up planes. A small few of course did blow up other things but it has no relevance to O'Leary's point so I assume he only raised it in a very stupid attempt to be seen as non-islamophobic.
The Ra did put a bomb on a plane from Belfast to London in the early 70s.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Yerra OK before my time and also not 30 years ago. Besides they were probably British. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

IF it was the RA then they would be extremely hurt to be called British -- if claimed by them it more than likely was them -- but without an admission -- it could have been any one of a thousand suspects with any manner of affiliation .

It was a time when black was white and white was black.

But the fact remains those travelling London to Belfast were treated worse than Lepers .

I remember once travelling to Leeds and standing in the doorway of a shop waiting to be searched -- it became second nature .

Most public building security was not about stopping the bomber it was to ensure that the premises were vacated if a bomb was placed in the building. Airport security is to ensure the bomber etc doesn't get on board because as 9-11 proved the Plane is the bomb.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist