Check this out

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Check this out

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Check this out

Post by Dave »

That kunt needs his eyes blackened. Not the cyclist, before some smart Brennan pipes up. Look at the cyclist he appears lean and healthy. It always gets when me some heart attack in waiting fat pr1ck in a car moans because they have to slow down somewhat to safely pass the cyclist. I have had to use cycling as my main means of commuting to work at various points in my life. I could write a book on the absolute dumb M O T H E R h e l l E R S driving on the roads.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:26 am That kunt needs his eyes blackened. Not the cyclist, before some smart Brennan pipes up. Look at the cyclist he appears lean and healthy. It always gets when me some heart attack in waiting fat pr1ck in a car moans because they have to slow down somewhat to safely pass the cyclist. I have had to use cycling as my main means of commuting to work at various points in my life. I could write a book on the absolute dumb M O T H E R h e l l E R S driving on the roads.
I'm sure you're a responsible cyclist Dave but I could write a bigger book on some of the cycling cnuts I encounter on my daily walks. If one of them ever injures one of my dogs he and his bike (it is invariably a "he" btw) will end up in the Lagan.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:26 am That kunt needs his eyes blackened. Not the cyclist, before some smart Brennan pipes up. Look at the cyclist he appears lean and healthy. It always gets when me some heart attack in waiting fat pr1ck in a car moans because they have to slow down somewhat to safely pass the cyclist. I have had to use cycling as my main means of commuting to work at various points in my life. I could write a book on the absolute dumb M O T H E R h e l l E R S driving on the roads.
I'm sure you're a responsible cyclist Dave but I could write a bigger book on some of the cycling cnuts I encounter on my daily walks. If one of them ever injures one of my dogs he and his bike (it is invariably a "he" btw) will end up in the Lagan.
Plenty of d1ckheads cycling too. Anywhere you find humans these issues will follow.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Pedestrians with extendable dog leads and ear phones in are the worst. Walking along, 3 a breast, taking up the whole path which is a cycle lane first and foremost.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:14 pm Pedestrians with extendable dog leads and ear phones in are the worst. Walking along, 3 a breast, taking up the whole path which is a cycle lane first and foremost.
If you mean the Lagan towpath, yes it is a cycle lane, but not first and foremost.

According to Belfast Council, walkers and cyclists have equal priority.
I'm not arguing -
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

" Never ride more than two abreast and ride single file on narrow and busy roads and around bends "
rules for cyclists, para 66 Highway Code

So why do I have to drive behind groups of cyclists, between 2 and 10 in number, for approx 3 miles at approx 10/15mph every Saturday and Sunday????? They fill half the road out to the white line. Little wonder folks gets exasperated at them . Self indulgent posing A**sholes.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:34 am " Never ride more than two abreast and ride single file on narrow and busy roads and around bends "
rules for cyclists, para 66 Highway Code

So why do I have to drive behind groups of cyclists, between 2 and 10 in number, for approx 3 miles at approx 10/15mph every Saturday and Sunday????? They fill half the road out to the white line. Little wonder folks gets exasperated at them . Self indulgent posing A**sholes.
cos they think they is pelicans. :shock:
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:14 am
Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:14 pm Pedestrians with extendable dog leads and ear phones in are the worst. Walking along, 3 a breast, taking up the whole path which is a cycle lane first and foremost.
If you mean the Lagan towpath, yes it is a cycle lane, but not first and foremost.

I always understood that cyclists had to give way to pedestrians.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Talking of pedestrians, what's with these new "Puffin" crossings that are being rolled out?

No wee red and green men, no beeps when it's clear to go, just a wee indicator at waist height where the button is.

I don't get it. The old crossings were clear and intuitive for the hard of hearing and/or sight, childer, the elderly. Even my dogs know when to cross. These new wans are anything but intuitive.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:Pedestrians with extendable dog leads and ear phones in are the worst. Walking along, 3 a breast, taking up the whole path which is a cycle lane first and foremost.
They should be banned. I nearly came a cropper on the bike when a woman allowed her wee ugly mutt to veer onto the road. I had to swerve to avoid the extended lead plus the little mutant. My tail light came off and a car ran over it. Dog owner didn't give a fcuk.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I agree. Extendable leads tend to be used by people with little or no control over their dogs.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:31 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:14 am

I always understood that cyclists had to give way to pedestrians.
Perhaps, but all I was pointing out was that the towpath is available to both to use. They do not state that it is first and foremost for one or t'other.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 am
Jackie Brown wrote:Pedestrians with extendable dog leads and ear phones in are the worst. Walking along, 3 a breast, taking up the whole path which is a cycle lane first and foremost.
They should be banned. I nearly came a cropper on the bike when a woman allowed her wee ugly mutt to veer onto the road. I had to swerve to avoid the extended lead plus the little mutant. My tail light came off and a car ran over it. Dog owner didn't give a fcuk.
Car shouldn't have been on the towpath. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:00 pm
Dave wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 am
Car shouldn't have been on the towpath. :duck:
Ironically, horses are banned from the towpath.
Big Neville Southall