Check this out

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Check this out

Post by Jackie Brown »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:34 am " Never ride more than two abreast and ride single file on narrow and busy roads and around bends "
rules for cyclists, para 66 Highway Code

So why do I have to drive behind groups of cyclists, between 2 and 10 in number, for approx 3 miles at approx 10/15mph every Saturday and Sunday????? They fill half the road out to the white line. Little wonder folks gets exasperated at them . Self indulgent posing A**sholes.
I cycle in the middle of the lane as standard practice. Prevents dickheads trying to squeeze past with on coming traffic.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

My issue with dog walkers is the cycle lane that runs beside the M5 from Duncrue to Hazelbank.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Jackie Brown wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:33 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:34 am " Never ride more than two abreast and ride single file on narrow and busy roads and around bends "

So why do I have to drive behind groups of cyclists, between 2 and 10 in number, for approx 3 miles at approx 10/15mph every Saturday and Sunday????? They fill half the road out to the white line. Little wonder folks gets exasperated at them . Self indulgent posing A**sholes.
I cycle in the middle of the lane as standard practice. Prevents dickheads trying to squeeze past with on coming traffic.
I am happy to wait my turn on the narrow rural to pass one cyclist widely and safely. But a group of 3,4,10 deliberately blocking the road for miles.....tempt exasperated motorists into dodgy overtaking
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bobbievee wrote:" Never ride more than two abreast and ride single file on narrow and busy roads and around bends "

What's so bad about any of that?? If that exasperates anyone they must have a handy life.

Self indulgent A holes are the ones filling their pie holes with sugar and fat leading a sedentary lifestyle costing the tax payer millions in medical care. All because they can't get off their hole and put down the cream buns.

The highway code permits cyclists on the roads. Riding more than two abreast does you a favour:

Highway Code: Rule 163 give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car.

If all ride single file you will have a chain of 30/40 metres to overtake, giving them as much room as you would a car. That usually causes more risk for cyclist hence why they bunch together.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Your comments betray the pretentiousness of the cycling nazis.
"We are perfect; non cyclists are sedentary, ,cream bun eating, health service wasting self indulgent etc etc.

Maybe some just get their exercise a different way without wilfully holding up others.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bobbievee wrote:Your comments betray the pretentiousness of the cycling nazis.
"We are perfect; non cyclists are sedentary, ,cream bun eating, health service wasting self indulgent etc etc.

Maybe some just get their exercise a different way without wilfully holding up others.
Jesus wept. Comparing cyclists to Nazis because you got held up!? How devastating. Sending thoughts and prayers.

I didn't make THOSE comments. You maybe had that conversation in your head?

They can get exercise whatever way they want. It's a free country. No nazis here. They are legally entitled to be on the road. Sure it's in the highway code, if you read the rest of it. You are not entitled to drive at a certain speed so get over it. Please respectfully share the road with others.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:21 pm
Bobbievee wrote:Your comments betray the pretentiousness of the cycling nazis.

Jesus wept. Comparing cyclists to Nazis because you got held up!? How devastating. Sending thoughts and prayers.

I didn't make THOSE comments. You maybe had that conversation in your head?

They can get exercise whatever way they want. It's a free country. No nazis here. They are legally entitled to be on the road. Sure it's in the highway code, if you read the rest of it. You are not entitled to drive at a certain speed so get over it. Please respectfully share the road with others.
Where does the highway code say that nazis are legally entitled to be on the road? :scratch: :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I did nazi that coming.

Although as an aside, plenty of (historically) nazi-colluding car manufacturers supplying the good poppy wearing public. 'We will remember them'. Just not when buying our cars.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:57 pm I did nazi that coming.

Although as an aside, plenty of (historically) nazi-colluding car manufacturers supplying the good poppy wearing public. 'We will remember them'. Just not when buying our cars.
... and mos of the rest are driving motors from the Land of the Rising Sun
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Any of you Top Gear fans have any thoughts on what sort of car I should be looking for? The old jalopy is nearing the end of it's useful life and I'm not sure what is sensible to buy ar the minute given the major changes taking place. 'm strictly an A to B man btw.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If the changes you mean are brexit related then you will have to find yourself a Morris Minor. Probably second hand at this stage. Or perhaps a DeLorean. Although you might need to go back in time to get one cheaper. Although you might need one to go back in time
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

DMC.jpeg
DMC.jpeg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

If trying to avoid German or Japanese cars due to the historial associations, Peugeot provide an option. The Peugeot factory sabotaged the staff cars they were making under duress for the Nazis, and then Monsieur Peugeot provided factory plans to the SOE/British agents to properties up the factory after unsuccessful RAF bombing sorties.
We will not forget!!!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

"To properly blow up the factory"
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Yeah, but Peugeots are sh1t