What are you listening to?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Snipe Watson »

Tom Waits Closing Time.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Really into Foy Vance myself this weather ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

The new Van Morrison 'Duets' album is the best he's done in years.

Roll on the Cyprus Avenue gig in August.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

colind wrote:The new Van Morrison 'Duets' album is the best he's done in years.

So far have only heard the version of Real Real Gone with Michael Buble and thought it was a travesty of the original. I know you're a man of discernment Colin do I have your word that the rest of it is substantially better than that example?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

pwrmoore wrote:
colind wrote:The new Van Morrison 'Duets' album is the best he's done in years.

So far have only heard the version of Real Real Gone with Michael Buble and thought it was a travesty of the original. I know you're a man of discernment Colin do I have your word that the rest of it is substantially better than that example?
Shrewd move getting oul Bubbly on there to flog the album. He certainly adds bugger all to the music.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Paul.
Paul, the Micky Bubble track is probably the weakest of the lot. Mark Knopfler, Mick Hucknall, Josh Stone and Chris Farlowe (playing the Black Box in August) and others, more than make up for it.

:cheers:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Went to the 60th anniversary Eurovision show this week – it’s on the tele tomorrow I think.

Ireland legend Johnny Logan was on good form. There was some Riverdancing earlier in the evening too for some reason.

Brotherhood of Man, Lordi and Bobbysox were the best, along with Conchita’s Bond theme that never was.

Interesting evening needless to say. There seemed to be a lot of blokes there.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

justinr73 wrote:Went to the 60th anniversary Eurovision show this week – it’s on the tele tomorrow I think.

Ireland legend Johnny Logan was on good form. There was some Riverdancing earlier in the evening too for some reason.

Brotherhood of Man, Lordi and Bobbysox were the best, along with Conchita’s Bond theme that never was.

I'm sure you're relieved to have got that off your chest. However, if you're looking for absolution you are in the wrong place!

NB - Riverdance started as the 'half time entertainmen't in one of the all too many years that Ireland won and therefore subsequently hosted the 'competition' - hence their appearance.
Hope is not a strategy.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ah I see. My tap dancing reference point is probably Roy Castle but those lasses this week were a bit better looking.

Graham Norton tried to interview the old lady who won the first one, bless her. He pretty much gave up after take 3 - it will be interesting to see how the power of television deals with it.

I was hoping that Bucks Fizz would appear but sadly not.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote:Went to the 60th anniversary Eurovision show this week – it’s on the tele tomorrow I think.

You're not Hugo.

You're Fr Dougal McGuire.

I claim my fiver :cheers:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A gig to remember Bill Haley and the comets if I remember rightly in the Ritz or maybe the Gaumont close to the Castle Inn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:A gig to remember Bill Haley and the comets if I remember rightly in the Ritz or maybe the Gaumont close to the Castle Inn

That's worth posting although the geographical references are lost on me I'm afraid.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Nicola Sturgeon rambling on about how much of a Warren Gatland she is
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The Ritz was a cinema on the corner of the Grosvenor Road and the Castle Inn was a pub in Castle entry where BHS are now . You could have a glass of Beer and a Ferguson's pie for 1 /6 at lunch time .

Ferguson's made the pies in a building close to Littlewoods in Ann St opposite the Capstan Bar and up from Betty Staffs Dance Studio .

Now a real oldie the Rainbow Cafe in Castle Junction there was another in Fountain Lane under Fountain Lane .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

rumncoke wrote:The Ritz was a cinema on the corner of the Grosvenor Road and the Castle Inn was a pub in Castle entry where BHS are now . You could have a glass of Beer and a Ferguson's pie for 1 /6 at lunch time .

Ferguson's made the pies in a building close to Littlewoods in Ann St opposite the Capstan Bar and up from Betty Staffs Dance Studio .

Now a real oldie the Rainbow Cafe in Castle Junction there was another in Fountain Lane under Fountain Lane .

The Beatles played the Ritz in 1963 - on the same night Ella Fitzgerald played in the cinema across the road (was that the ABC?) - so she told me anyway!!

Hope is not a strategy.