What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Re: What annoys people????

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:is it safe to switch on the TV??? really???? can't you just watch a defo-wont-show-the-wedding channel?
Is there such a thing?

All week most channels have been showing re-runs of weddings in soaps, sitcoms etc - they are to be avoided just as much. I'm well and truly p******* off with this (royal) wedding malarky.

Don't get me wrong - I wish the young couple all the best and every happiness, but it's just a bit much for me that it has taken over much of the nation and yet will have no bearing on my life whatsoever (apart from posting on here and listening to the weemen discussing it for weeks to come)
ahhh, but has it really at the point that it's impossible to ignore? must try harder grumps...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:is it safe to switch on the TV??? really???? can't you just watch a defo-wont-show-the-wedding channel?
Is there such a thing?

All week most channels have been showing re-runs of weddings in soaps, sitcoms etc - they are to be avoided just as much. I'm well and truly p******* off with this (royal) wedding malarky.

Don't get me wrong - I wish the young couple all the best and every happiness, but it's just a bit much for me that it has taken over much of the nation and yet will have no bearing on my life whatsoever (apart from posting on here and listening to the weemen discussing it for weeks to come)
ahhh, but has it really at the point that it's impossible to ignore? must try harder grumps...
maybe you're right, maybe I should try harder ............. but why should I have to? :evil:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:the crudeness of comments such as Pippa Middleton = BMILF
unbelievable jeff
You forgot Rule 1 (and I'm not talking about Fight Club) - Pictures!

ImageImage
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

go on 'arry my son
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

guy in work has just announced that QILF is trending on twitter
has the world no respect or decency?

goonhead - u getting annoyed about your precious gripe thread being hijacked by thoughts of pippa middleton's ar$e, and the young ginger prince getting to grips with it later on?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Wife's just in and has said something about an announcement earlier - Barren Carrickfergus!

Wot's that all about - I mean it's accurate, but wot's it to do with the wedding?
I'm not arguing -
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:goonhead - u getting annoyed about your precious gripe thread being hijacked by thoughts of pippa middleton's ar$e, and the young ginger prince getting to grips with it later on?
To be honest I hadn't seen her earlier but I now find a certain attraction in seeing a lot more of her Brennan. Seems to be a brahmer, a stoater, a real peach.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Wife's just in and has said something about an announcement earlier - Barren Carrickfergus!

Wot's that all about - I mean it's accurate, but wot's it to do with the wedding?
Snap, mine said she thought she heard something about Carrickfergus.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Wife's just in and has said something about an announcement earlier - Barren Carrickfergus!

Baron Carrickfergus is a peerage title in the United Kingdom. The title's name comes from the barony of Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland. Its current holder since its recreation on 29 April 2011 is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge who was granted the title Baron Carrickfergus as a personal gift by Queen Elizabeth II on the day of his wedding to Kate Middleton. On the same day he was also created as Duke of Cambridge and Earl of Strathearn, with Miss Middleton becoming Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge. In addition she will hold the courtesy titles of Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus.Traditionally when male members of the British royal family get married, they are granted at least one title of peerage.
:salut: :red:
Last edited by DavyG on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

u lads sleeping with the same bird?
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

DavyG wrote: Baron Carrickfergus is a peerage title in the United Kingdom. The title's name comes from the barony of Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland. Its current holder since its recreation on 29 April 2011 is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge who was granted the title Baron Carrickfergus as a personal gift by Queen Elizabeth II on the day of his wedding to Kate Middleton. On the same day he was also created as Duke of Cambridge and Earl of Strathearn, with Miss Middleton becoming Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge. In addition she will hold the courtesy titles of Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus.Traditionally when male members of the British royal family get married, they are granted at least one title of peerage.
no no, you've got it all wrong.

grumpy's just home from a bar in carrickfergus...
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

and another thing about this blooming wedding

more people arrested at it now, than at the last old firm game.

IT'S A DISGRACE
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

DavyG wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:

Baron Carrickfergus is a peerage title in the United Kingdom. The title's name comes from the barony of Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland. Its current holder since its recreation on 29 April 2011 is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge who was granted the title Baron Carrickfergus as a personal gift by Queen Elizabeth II on the day of his wedding to Kate Middleton. On the same day he was also created as Duke of Cambridge and Earl of Strathearn, with Miss Middleton becoming Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge. In addition she will hold the courtesy titles of Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus.Traditionally when male members of the British royal family get married, they are granted at least one title of peerage.
YES, YES, we know that Davy - but why let that small detail get in the way of having a pop at barren old Carrickfergus :stir:

Good to see that your sarcasm bypass was a complete success :thumright:
I'm not arguing -
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

bar.jpg
bar.jpg (127.66 KiB) Viewed 255 times
Ah....... A Barin Carrickfergus :duh:

Silly me.

"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kate apparently asked queeny for any advice for a long and happy marriage

HM replied, "always wear a seat belt and don't pi$$ my family off"
I'm not arguing -