What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote: Why should he keep his mouth closed on this? I think it is a conversation that people should be having. How do we expect people to learn from their mistakes or the mistakes of others? Neeson is demonstrating that you can admit to having had racist thoughts or ideas, but to be able to reflect and challenge your own prejudices is an encouragable trait.
I don't think Neeson is demonstrating that. His story, assuming there is any truth in it, details the actions of a temporarily angry man. Angry folk can lose the ability to act rationally and can sometimes result in non-racist folk engaging in some short term emotion-charged racist thoughts/actions. Unconvincing in terms of any debate which may need to be had.
I don't think we are completely disagreeing. Racism and prejudice is irrational. The unacceptable actions or behaviour that come of out irrational prejudice are emotionally driven. Talking about these issues and reflecting in the cold light of day is a healthy mechanism that can promote change. It can create a space between the emotion and the behaviour, perhaps causing an individual to pause and think a bit further before acting.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Yeah fair enough Dave. I agree with your overall point. I'm just not convinced that this specific case with Neeson adds value. Maybe if I thought his story was true it may be different.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:Yeah fair enough Dave. I agree with your overall point. I'm just not convinced that this specific case with Neeson adds value. Maybe if I thought his story was true it may be different.
It's a conversation starter if nothing else. Sure look you get to educate a few racist nordies Image
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Chris Grayling
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

People who say Derry/Londonderry
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote:People who say Derry/Londonderry
Aye. Everybody knows It's Londonderry/Derry >EW

Going up to Drry hi the marra for a gig in Sandinos aka the Che Guevara bar :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Its

The marra hi not hi the marra
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Its

when it should be

It's

:duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

>#
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Antifa
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Shan wrote:Yeah fair enough Dave. I agree with your overall point. I'm just not convinced that this specific case with Neeson adds value. Maybe if I thought his story was true it may be different.
Neeson is a spoofer Shan. He miscalculated and it backfired. Then he played the NI MOPE card talking balls about knowing hunger strikers etc.. to row back. Sure anyone living in NI probably knows and lives within 100m of a paramilitary weekend warrior, like rats really.
Neeson prowling South Kensington with a cosh in his pocket is risible tbh.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

damianmcr wrote:People who say Derry/Londonderry
Why?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

It's called Derry in the same way Carrickfergus is called Carrick. People who call in Londonderry in casual conversation are trying to make a political point, knobs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jackie Brown wrote:It's called Derry in the same way Carrickfergus is called Carrick. People who call in Londonderry in casual conversation are trying to make a political point, knobs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
By that logic it should be Fergus? Derry is used as much as a political statement as Londonderry Jackie. Lets not get all snowflake about this. On a sign at the turnoff to Draperstown on the Dungiven road, someones sprayed out Derry, to leave London in the roadsign. :lol: :lol: :lol: its all about perception..

North of Ireland/ Norn Iron etc..
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The people who say Londonderry are men on facebook with flags as their profile pic, also obsessed with Brexit. I've yet to meet a derry prod who doesn't say they are from Derry. It's the people who live nowhere near the place who make it an issue. What do they call their rugby team again?