What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: What annoys people????

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:27 am The lack of clarity is deliberate -- there are those who read and post here would recognise me if I provided too much information.

2 clogged with blood and had to be removed one was in, removed, and all was well in the land of rumn for about 18 hours when problems arose and I was told to go to A&E at the Royal where the first clogged and the Dr goes I need a bigger catheter -- fine except the wife started to laugh the other side of the screen

Life is hard for those the wrong side of 70+++
Good to see nobody's taken the p$ss.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

BaST==D !!!!
DEAD painful each one is believe me
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:34 pm BaST==D !!!!
DEAD painful each one is believe me
Joking aside Rum. I have some indirect experience from caring from an elderly relative so I do sympathise.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It reminded me of an old story of a man selling a country cottage with an out side loo .and a buyer commented that it was doorless to which the old man replied " I lived here 60 years and more and nobody stolen a bucket of pi$h yet"
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

nobody tells you of bladder spasms, penile pain and super urge and surge -- near blackout time

Must say most of the nurses are wonderful
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Hang in there, Rum. Keep posting.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

What annoys me - Including Test appearances for the Lions in the number of international caps a player has. They are completely different things. Reaching 100 caps is a great milestone but celebrate 100 caps for your country, not 96 plus 4 Lions ones.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:22 pm What annoys me - Including Test appearances for the Lions in the number of international caps a player has. They are completely different things. Reaching 100 caps is a great milestone but celebrate 100 caps for your country, not 96 plus 4 Lions ones.
Test caps are a bit of a joke these days. I don't think one should be awarded unless a player is on the pitch for at least 20 mins. There are probably a few "one test wonders" with 2 mins of international rugby.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Lionel Messi's pay packet. Between a quarter and half a million per week. For playing football?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

A level results.
I know a bloke with a PhD who, on the basis of current A level results is in the bottom 25% of A level students. Of course, at school, like me, he was more interested in kicking a ball than studying.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Wasps. Don't listen to that "if you don't annoy them they'll leave you alone" ballix. I was dandering thru Belvoir minding my own business and one of the stripey feckers stung me on the leg.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

solidarity wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:54 pm A level results.
I know a bloke with a PhD who, on the basis of current A level results is in the bottom 25% of A level students. Of course, at school, like me, he was more interested in kicking a ball than studying.
When did it become compulsory to be photographed jumping in the air upon recent of your examination results?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:16 pm
solidarity wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:54 pm A level results.
When did it become compulsory to be photographed jumping in the air upon recent of your examination results?
Though they're not actually "examination" results are they?

I don't get it. Did they all not know what they were more or less getting anyway? Surely they were given a pretty close approximations when they were filling in their Uni applications.

When I was at school I think about 10% got A grades. Now it's 50%+
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

My kids did more testing than they would have (had exams not been cancelled) when they finally returned to school. Hell of an effort after a heavily disrupted school year.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Definitely need to change the grading that a specific percentage get each grade each year. So say 5% get A*, 10% A, 20% B etc., because surely the purpose of the grades is to be able to understand who did well and who didn't, and giving everyone A grades doesn't make a lot of sense.