What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by pwrmoore »

OK I don't know one end of a golf bat from the other but I do know that the course on strangford lough is called Mahee Island and welder never tires of pulling all and sundry over the coals for similar lapses in typing/spelling.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:OK I don't know one end of a golf bat from the other but I do know that the course on strangford lough is called Mahee Island and welder never tires of pulling all and sundry over the coals for similar lapses in typing/spelling.
I have no issues with that comment. Bless you. Perhaps he is simply mixing up his Mahee Island with his Islandmagee. Even one as sage about golfing matters has stumbled over that one in the past. I could point out my mild dyslexia but recognise it is an inconvenience and not an excuse.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

mahee it is. Sorry, Mahee Island...
pwrmoore wrote:welder never tires of pulling all and sundry over the coals for similar lapses in typing/spelling.
one who is as fixated as myself as thou art, pwrmoron, would know that i regularly find fault in idiocy. Stupidity. common grammatical errors that a school girl would snigger at. confusion of where and when to use apostrophes, there/their/they're, where/were, etc etc. posts where it is clear that the person clearly doesnt know better. the whiteknight is all about educating those who spent their formative years mastering the drawing of the perfect knob, all over the back of their leverarch file.

laziness, in my book, is fine. after all, this is simply a public forum, and time is valuable. who can be bothered to be so precise when they're hiding behind an avatar anyway? who re-reads what they've typed before hitting submit?

basically - you've got it wrong there sunshine.

typos are fine in my book. and a 'g beside an 'h' on a keyboard would suggest to most that that's how this happened. your little oneupmanship on the whiteknight quest looks to have hit the skids, AGAIN!!!! by my very own rules, i am not at fault on this one.

by the by - didn't i predict this very thing would happen? a sullen promise, by your very grand self, to ignore the whiteknight. then sure enough, as eggs get laid, in you jump, all over my indiscretions like stink on dog turd. i said you'd be back, sticking your oar in. i knew you couldnt resist.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

and as sure as eggs is eggs didn't you respond with one of your predictable OTT rants - who is playing who I wonder?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

well well well
didn't expect a reply, and so soon!? you have been rattled...

by the fetlocks of Shadowfax
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

spilling brown sauce on yourself when you are wearing a white shirt.
that'll teach me to eat a sausage bap on the way to work, driving with my knees
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:on a totally unrelated, but still golfing note, a mate's mother won a matchplay match 10&8.
:salut:
that is a spanking!
Wash your mouth out Welder, whilst a fan of the fairer sex I have to draw the line here.

Women & golf should never appear in the same sentence. Your mate's mother may feel that she has achieved a major sporting triumph however in all seriousness she has merely foreshortened her outdoor chatting opportunity, probably by boring her opponent into submission by discussing the intricacies of a difficult knitting pattern.

Nothing more frustrating than a female fourball as they amble up the fairway in a chittering, chattering bunch then as if on the command from a squadron leader, spray out in divers directions like the red bleedin' arras with inevitably one dear lady having to backtrack to find her ball. And all this usually having paused as a group in the middle of the fairway whilst squeezing out the last words of the vital conversation.

I used to seethe with frustration following such a bunch. In my impatient latter years I simply blast a ball over their heads, roar "Fore" despite none of them being in the slightest danger and march through saying "sorry girls, hope you don't mind but I need to get away sharpish to meet the gorgeous slut who is my mistress." This usually attracts looks varying from shock, rage or bewilderment that a crusty old fart such as I should have pulled a stuna. It has the effect of throwing them of the fact that I have unilaterally decided to march past their chatting forum.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

well, indeed, there is a considerable amount that could be said about female 'golfers' (i enclose the word in apostrophes only to appease you, and your apparent unwillingness to even label such creatures as golfers).

my tactic of choice is to simply send a low drive scuttling after them, as soon as they disappear on what would be described as a blind drive. Usually it works, upon complaint the stock answer of: "Sorry, I thought you would have played your second shot by now, I waited for ages. Oh sorry, you've already played your second shot and my drive is still 100 yards on? Would you like me to play through thanks very much" works as intended.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:mahee it is. Sorry, Mahee Island...
In that case your drive into Strangford Lough is not nearly as impressive as it would have been from Islandmagee
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

which is which?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If you sail past it on a ferry you are passing Islandmagee near Larne, if you sail past on some pleasure craft, it could still be Islandmagee but more likely to be Mahee Island. Trust this helps.

Fair point BR - that would indeed have been a stroke of consequence albeit still out of bounds, 3 off the tee.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

"One year to go until London 2012" - have to say I am getting more & more irritated as the day goes on listening to irrelevant guff about how wonderful its all going to be.

My only involvement in the Olympics will be through my taxes. Yet another example of "we're all in this together" - yeah, involved in paying for it. What benefit will there be to NI - zero or maybe not quite that much, a huge negative I reckon.

I can guarantee yawning my way through it wondering which of the many drug cheats are going to be caught.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Begrudgers, in particular those idiot minor journalists who have been having a pop at Darren over his love of Guinness. These self-appointed, self-important, ignorant custodians of all that is right and proper need their knackers booted off for their temerity to say how a man should enjoy his success.

None of your business assholes.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Begrudgers, in particular those idiot minor journalists who have been having a pop at Darren over his love of Guinness. These self-appointed, self-important, ignorant custodians of all that is right and proper need their knackers booted off for their temerity to say how a man should enjoy his success.

Well said Baggsy!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Begrudgers, in particular those idiot minor journalists who have been having a pop at Darren over his love of Guinness. These self-appointed, self-important, ignorant custodians of all that is right and proper need their knackers booted off for their temerity to say how a man should enjoy his success.

You have to say that it is rather unusual that a top professional sportsman is so much associated with his consumption of Guiness and appears to wish to publicise his love of Guiness (or indeed any product). BOD used to get slagged for his Power Aid antics....Wonder is DC looking for a wee deal or a sponsorship for the Irish Open at Portrush next year?