What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:
damianmcr wrote:stars who sit on the outside seat of public transport.
People who use public transportation in general
What's public transport? :scratch:

:duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
damianmcr wrote:stars who sit on the outside seat of public transport.
People who use public transportation in general
What's public transport? :scratch:

:duck:
Hands up all those who get free public transport :cheers:
Best decision Stormont ever made.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Liam Neeson has lost the run of himself.
His first question should have been " Was he a Pradestant or a Cathlick?" ffs!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Liam Neeson has lost the run of himself.
His first question should have been " Was he a Pradestant or a Cathlick?" ffs!
Then he reached for his phone and said " I will find you and I will kill you" as he phoned everyone within a 5 mile radius of the incident.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Have the thought police arrested him yet?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

… of course, his use of the term "black b@stard" may have been misinterpreted :stir:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

SJW's are out in force....
The New York red carpet opening of Liam Neeson's latest film has been cancelled amid a row over his comments that he once wanted to kill a random black man after someone close to him was raped.

Reporters were told the red carpet part of the Cold Pursuit premiere was being pulled with just two hours' notice.

Meanwhile somebody who was the victim of disgraceful racism in the past takes a more balanced view...
But former England footballer and anti-racism campaigner, John Barnes, defended Neeson during an interview on BBC Radio 5 Live.

"He was ashamed a week into it. He understood that he was wrong for thinking what he did. And we have to have this conversation."

My view is that Neeson would have been better off to keep his beak closed. However I'd be more aligned with John Barnes than the screaming folk who love being offended by everything they encounter.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Liam Neeson is an example to many. He highlighted previously prejudiced ideas that he is now looking back upon with disgust. He is demonstrating the ability to reflect and change his mindset and behaviour. If only more people could do likewise.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Liam Neeson is an example to many. He highlighted previously prejudiced ideas that he is now looking back upon with disgust. He is demonstrating the ability to reflect and change his mindset and behaviour. If only more people could do likewise.
Yes a fair play to the man for saying it, things like that would have crossed most people's minds in the same situation, the actual skin colour really has nothing to do with it.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:Liam Neeson is an example to many. He highlighted previously prejudiced ideas that he is now looking back upon with disgust. He is demonstrating the ability to reflect and change his mindset and behaviour. If only more people could do likewise.
Yes a fair play to the man for saying it, things like that would have crossed most people's minds in the same situation, the actual skin colour really has nothing to do with it.
Except that Liam kind of shot that argument down in his follow up interview. He stated that he would have reacted exactly the same way had he learned that the alleged rapist was an 'Irishman, a Scot, a Brit, a Lithuanian'. i.e people from predominantly white ethnic groups. Yet when he went out with the cosh in his pocket (if he did actually do that, btw, I have my doubts :scratch:), he didn't go looking for a Nigerian, a Somali, or an Algerian. He wasn't differentiating between black people of different ethnic groups. He was just looking for a black person, therefore skin colour had everything to do with it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

promenader 2 wrote: Except that Liam kind of shot that argument down in his follow up interview. He stated that he would have reacted exactly the same way had he learned that the alleged rapist was an 'Irishman, a Scot, a Brit, a Lithuanian'. i.e people from predominantly white ethnic groups. Yet when he went out with the cosh in his pocket (if he did actually do that, btw, I have my doubts :scratch:), he didn't go looking for a Nigerian, a Somali, or an Algerian. He wasn't differentiating between black people of different ethnic groups. He was just looking for a black person, therefore skin colour had everything to do with it.
Correct and that is precisely why he should have kept his beak closed whether he was detailing fact or fantasy. To be honest he has always come across as a bit of a dimwit.

He is not unusual in the Hollywood world of course. Folk who think they have important things to say just because they happen to be in popular movies. Society has allowed this delusion to flourish.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Good time to revisit this. Eternally grateful to the late great Gerald Michael Anderson for bringing this to my attention, and in particular, the immortal line:

... he tried his hand at the boxin' and the housing executive too .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/wKnRz_pspYc
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
promenader 2 wrote: Except that Liam kind of shot that argument down in his follow up interview. He stated that he would have reacted exactly the same way had he learned that the alleged rapist was an 'Irishman, a Scot, a Brit, a Lithuanian'. i.e people from predominantly white ethnic groups. Yet when he went out with the cosh in his pocket (if he did actually do that, btw, I have my doubts :scratch:), he didn't go looking for a Nigerian, a Somali, or an Algerian. He wasn't differentiating between black people of different ethnic groups. He was just looking for a black person, therefore skin colour had everything to do with it.
Correct and that is precisely why he should have kept his beak closed whether he was detailing fact or fantasy. To be honest he has always come across as a bit of a dimwit.

He is not unusual in the Hollywood world of course. Folk who think they have important things to say just because they happen to be in popular movies. Society has allowed this delusion to flourish.
Why should he keep his mouth closed on this? I think it is a conversation that people should be having. How do we expect people to learn from their mistakes or the mistakes of others? Neeson is demonstrating that you can admit to having had racist thoughts or ideas, but to be able to reflect and challenge your own prejudices is an encouragable trait.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

big mervyn wrote:Good time to revisit this. Eternally grateful to the late great Gerald Michael Anderson for bringing this to my attention, and in particular, the immortal line:

... he tried his hand at the boxin' and the housing executive too .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/wKnRz_pspYc

Damn you mervyn - I can never unhear than now!!!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote: Why should he keep his mouth closed on this? I think it is a conversation that people should be having. How do we expect people to learn from their mistakes or the mistakes of others? Neeson is demonstrating that you can admit to having had racist thoughts or ideas, but to be able to reflect and challenge your own prejudices is an encouragable trait.
I don't think Neeson is demonstrating that. His story, assuming there is any truth in it, details the actions of a temporarily angry man. Angry folk can lose the ability to act rationally and can sometimes result in non-racist folk engaging in some short term emotion-charged racist thoughts/actions. Unconvincing in terms of any debate which may need to be had.