Film Review Section *** NEWish ***

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Beattiespastie
Squire

Re: Film Review Section *** NEWish ***

Post by Beattiespastie »

The Revenant was superb. Had a day off on Friday and watched the directors cut of Once Upon a Time in America..... Peerless...Brutal and very moving with a haunting soundtrack and the double whammy of De Niro and Woods sharing the same screen.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Beattiespastie wrote:The Revenant was superb.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Might give it a watch. I like arty farty. The artier and fartier the better. Mrs BM likes the action packed thrill a minute stuff.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once Upon a Time in America is one of the great movies.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

In the past week I have watched one flew over the cuckoos nest and platoon for the first time. Both great shows.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:In the past week I have watched one flew over the cuckoos nest and platoon for the first time. Both great shows.
Glad to see you getting an education Damo instead of the Sci-Fi crap.

I may not have mentioned it but sci-fi is just the puss inside of a dogs septic ballick.

I may not have mentioned I took my kids to see a star wars piece of excrement after much pestering, does the Phantom Menace sound right, it was a coupe or more hours of agony. Absolute shyte, I decided there and then that given the popularity of "that sort of thing" that there were a serious number of halfwits knocking about.

Jehovah donate me some strength, it was agonising wasting my time on such utter crud, I don't think the kids thought much of it either.

If that film were dogshit, it would be like this
dogshit.jpg
dogshit.jpg (6.55 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I dont think even Star Wars fans would argue with you on your judgement of The Phantom Menace.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:I dont think even Star Wars fans would argue with you on your judgement of The Phantom Menace.

Fair enough Damo, can't argue with your assessment. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Cheap Tuesday (£3) at the Oddessey looks like a choice of The Boy or 10 Cloverfield Lane. Anyone seen either?

Took the Mother (85) and an Aunt (80) to see The Revenant a few weeks ago. Think they were going to walk out a few times but they stuck the pace. I kept saying isn't the scenery lovely and then someone would get an arrow through the head or a limb blown off :) . They have told all their friends not to go and see it :)
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Spotlight and the big short both excellent. Watched the original star wars movies for the first time in twenty years too. Classics.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Cheap Tuesday (£3) at the Oddessey looks like a choice of The Boy or 10 Cloverfield Lane. Anyone seen either?
I've seen 10 Cloverfield Lane. It was OK. Most of it is a psychological thriller but I can't really say what the rest is without spoiling the ending!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mikerob wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Cheap Tuesday (£3) at the Oddessey looks like a choice of The Boy or 10 Cloverfield Lane. Anyone seen either?
I've seen 10 Cloverfield Lane. It was OK. Most of it is a psychological thriller but I can't really say what the rest is without spoiling the ending!
Crap?

I loathe Star Wars and as for super heroes, yis can all stuck them up yer holes.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Wee Jane didn't want to go to either film so I have nothing further to report.
Cheerio, not back on UAFC until next Thursday so enjoy the break.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Off to Jason Bourne tonight , cheap Tuesday at the Oddssey at 9.45pm. Anyone seen it yet ?

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Off to Jason Bourne tonight , cheap Tuesday at the Oddssey at 9.45pm. Anyone seen it yet ?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall