Rory McIlroy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rory McIlroy

Post by Snipe Watson »

TinPig wrote:I know Darren Cave was over at Celtic Manor cheering on his mate Rory this weekend. I couldn't help but laugh when the crowd on the first tee sang "Hurr ah for Rory McIlroy" to the tune of "Stand Up For The Ulstermen", maybe Darren and the boys started that one off. Either way, well done Monty & The whole European Team and well done the Ulstermen G-Mac & R-Mac. :red: :cheers:
They sang 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' on Sunday
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

rory mcilroy. jaegerbombs. out of the ryder cup.
u are an utter legend and i wholehearted salute you!!!

oh and well played in your first ryder as well, and GMAC, that shoved the boom babies right up their yank holes!!!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote: that shoved the boom babies right up their yank holes!!!
I don't even know what this means but I think it should be on the next 2bc fleg
Gazpacho
Novice

Post by Gazpacho »

Was there on Monday (and sunday) - one of the best sporting occassions I have ever witnessed. Ranks on a par with 1999 at Landsdowne Road - I know, I know; tantamount to sacrilage but true! Well done G Mac & Wee Mac.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

one of the yanks (i think Matt Kuchar) fired in an eagle from 150 odd yards.
yell "Boom Baby!"

his college basketball team shout it or something.

whole USA team running around high-fiving, hugging, butt-munching each other....
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

ahhh....I remember now.... I had to turn the volume down and look away due to over enthusiastic and embarrassingly hyped up celebrations.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:one of the yanks (i think Matt Kuchar) fired in an eagle from 150 odd yards.
yell "Boom Baby!"
I think it was Overton.. bit OTT..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

darkside lightside wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:one of the yanks (i think Matt Kuchar) fired in an eagle from 150 odd yards.
yell "Boom Baby!"
I think it was Overton.. bit OTT..
Yes it was Overton and given that he is from Cultchieville,Indiana that was probably him being quite restrained. His partner on the day was Bubba Watson from Bagdad in Florida, as distinct from Baghdad on the Tigris (speaking of the Tigris undoubtedly you will all be aware it joins/is joined by the Euphrates before pouring into the Persian Gulf. Anyway I knew an American girl who christened her daughter Euphrates. WTF, can you imagine shouting up the hallway of your tenement "Euphrates, come in your dinners ready.") We might have expected Bubba - even though hes called Bubba - to be less of a whooper but as Welder says - up their Yankee holes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

anywho....

A free vuvuzela to the man/woman/child who yells "BOOM BABY!" in the split second after the ball leaves a boot, following a placekick and hush brought into play by the proud Ravenhill tradition of maintaining silence for all place kicks.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:anywho....

A free vuvuzela to the man/woman/child who yells "BOOM BABY!" in the split second after the ball leaves a boot, following a placekick and hush brought into play by the proud Ravenhill tradition of maintaining silence for all place kicks.

This "proud Ravenhill tradition of maintaining silence for all place kicks" is as traditional as something that is completely non-traditional. It is a figment of the imagination. In the GOD - good old days to you Grumps - if the match situation required putting off an opposition kicker there were always enough die-hards to razz the kicker as mercilessly as possible.

As for your kind offer Welder, there must be some ballix who will go for that. If you see someone inserting said vuvuzela up his stupid Ulster hole, that will be me. :D

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Gazpacho wrote:Was there on Monday (and sunday) - one of the best sporting occassions I have ever witnessed. Ranks on a par with 1999 at Landsdowne Road - I know, I know; tantamount to sacrilage but true! Well done G Mac & Wee Mac.
Sorry to be rude Gazza, but thats just ballix - nothing will ever compare with 1999 not even winning it again. I have "golfed my ball" as some bieber said for 40 plus years but golf is just an easy game - 1999 was a weekend long orgasm never to be bettered & with not a try in sight.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Leading Dubai Desert Classic after first day 7 under 2 ahead of second placed Aiken and Garcia :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rooster wrote:Leading Dubai Desert Classic after first day 7 under 2 ahead of second placed Aiken and Garcia :red:
Still -7 after half the round today, needs a few boidies on the back 9 to stay in touch with Aiken at -10

Hoey at -7 today too :red:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Rory now -9, only one off lead.

Trouble with Dubai as Westwood said yesterday, the wind usually picks up in the afternoon. a -2 or -3 today could be as good a round as a -7 early morning yesterday.

Clarkey going round in par thus far to remain on -2
will make the weekend at this rate.

maybin well off the pace and not far off propping up the leaderboard

GMAC wasting too much time posting on here to concentrate on his golf, and as a result totally forgot to turn up in Dubai :duck:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Finished D2 on -4 and back in the lead on -11 with a couple of stragglers still to come in who might also fight for that lead.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right