Who needs ebay?

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Quarter Final ticket for sale

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Farrell Warren Gatland
All right Russ, settle if he gets a pint for you as well or you go searching for him :D
No matter how many pints Farrell buys he is a Warren Gatland
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Ulster man in England wrote:Wow the keyboard warriors are out in force tonight, have a day off lads! Firstly I just paid £60 to buy an out of town pass to then buy a couple of extra tickets, why would I then sell them at face value? If you don't want to make me an offer then don't, PM if you do
According to some, the out of town passes and/or tickets on thoise don't go on sale until Monday? :scratch:

Who is right and who is wrong?

Not being a keyboard warrior - genuine question.
Per Saracens website priority period for out of town members does not go on sale until Tues 4th March @ 10. Therefore UMIE do you even have this ticket to sell yet or are you planning to get an additional 2 in that period as well for a bit more highest bidding touting 'to recover costs'. Definitely a complete Farrell!!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ulster man in England wrote:Wow the keyboard warriors are out in force tonight, have a day off lads! Firstly I just paid £60 to buy an out of town pass to then buy a couple of extra tickets, why would I then sell them at face value? If you don't want to make me an offer then don't, PM if you do
Let me educate you then since you have clearly been living too long in the mire of perfidious albion. We are rugby people and supporters of Ulster. We sell tickets at face value and that's the way it is. It's the right thing to do and those who chose to do other are neither wanted nor welcome. Tis the Ulster way. Good night and good luck............
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Tap+Go wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
According to some, the out of town passes and/or tickets on thoise don't go on sale until Monday? :scratch:

Per Saracens website priority period for out of town members does not go on sale until Tues 4th March @ 10. Therefore UMIE do you even have this ticket to sell yet or are you planning to get an additional 2 in that period as well for a bit more highest bidding touting 'to recover costs'. Definitely a complete Farrell!!
Spot on T+G this is clearly a low level scuzzy tout with an eye for the main chance...........
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

A liar & a scumbeg, ban him............... but of course burn him first.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:A liar & a scumbeg, ban him............... but of course burn him first.
Wait till I get his tickets first though would be a waste to burn them !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Tap+Go wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Spot on T+G this is clearly a low level scuzzy tout with an eye for the main chance...........
Alas Snipe clearly UMIE has been too long in the wilderness and has succumbed to the Sarries Way. Just glad you took the opportunity to share the road to redemption......back to the Ulster Way :red: :fleg: :salut:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

He may be a lost soul, but he's our lost soul and we will take him back when he repents and wears his sackcloth and ashes.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:He may be a lost soul, but he's our lost soul and we will take him back when he repents and wears his sackcloth and ashes.
More like in an urn if Baggy and fleg burn him !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bs.gif
bs.gif (60.25 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Does anyone else share my feeling that he didn’t get the response he was expecting? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:Does anyone else share my feeling that he didn’t get the response he was expecting? :lol: :lol: :lol:
He shouldn't have expected ANY response ..... I doubt if anyone would accuse any of us of being response-able.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:He may be a lost soul, but he's our lost soul and we will take him back when he repents and wears his sackcloth and ashes.
Snipe, you are a more forgiving soul than I could or would ever want to be. I respect that but can't possibly agree.

The "lost soul" may be appropriate for there is no soul of an Ulsterman in this toerag.

Firstly, he claims to be in possession of a ticket he cannot have come by in the way he describes. Therefore he is a liar.

Secondly, of course if someone comes on & says, look guys, I have a ticket but I had to pay £xxx for it, then nobody would expect him to take a penny less. That is not the case, this tout wants to sell to the highest bidder - his words, not mine. Therefore he is a ticket tout.

Frankly I am astonished that he is still allowed to post here, the man is a blatant ticket tout, is in contravention of the rules he signed up to, is committing the single act that most rugby fans find most despicable - selling tickets for profit.

He may think of himself as an Ulsterman, I choose to think otherwise.

Burn him.
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

There seems little doubt to me that UMIE, when asking for "the highest bidder", is acting as a ticket tout. But what about Sorries? By using their 'Out of Town' Membership at £60 to allow the purchase of two tickets they are really adding £30 on to each ticket - is this not acting as a tout where they are going to be making quite a few thousand pounds on the back of Ulster fans (probably close to £100,00). They are stating categorically that their tickets WILL NOT go on general sale. If you want two tickets it will cost £60 plus the cost of the tickets. Can this be legal?

I know they say that this membership also offers priority booking for other matches - although I don't think there would be any problem getting a ticket for these matches at Wembley!

Even if it is legal it is certainly against sporting principles. Is this one of the reasons why most dislike Sorries?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Of course, someone may have got their tickets through a normal Saracens ST holder then is looking to make £30 a ticket profit by citing the "out-of-town" ticket holder charge.

Resale of football tickets is illegal (although people get around this by selling something else at an inflated price + a free ticket) but resale of tickets for other types of event isn't illegal - it is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

There is nothing wrong with the "out of town" membership - quite a few teams offer cut-down versions of ST membership. Yes it is £30 extra per ticket if you only buy two but you could have bought tickets for other games throughout the season as well so it wasn't as if they just brought it in for the QFs.