Wanted - A Hoover/Vacuum Cleaner

Who needs ebay?

Moderator: Moderators

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Wanted - A Hoover/Vacuum Cleaner

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I didn't get where I am today by making unnecessary purchases so i'll see if anyone here can help me. My Hoover/Vacuum cleaner is dying - it owes me nothing anyway as it cost me nothing being a "gift" from my son's girlfriend's brother some years ago when he was upgrading his.
So the question this week is, is anyone here upgrading their hoover/vacuum cleaner or have they recently acquired an old but still working one from say a recently deceased relative that they have no use for?
I am willing to collect from anywhere within a 10 mile radius of the main road between Holywood and Ballymena.
And payment would be in the form of a bottle of wine (red, white or rose) or white cider (take your choice).
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
ravinghill
Novice

Re: Wanted - A Hoover/Vacuum Cleaner

Post by ravinghill »

I have an old vacuum cleaner ... it's just gathering dust ..... :lol:
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: have they recently acquired an old but still working one from say a recently deceased relative that they have no use for?
I have a recently deceased granny that I have no further use for, but you're not getting her or her vacuum cleaner.

How did you find out your vacuum cleaner was "dying" anyway? From what I've heard you never clean yer house anyway! :roll:
ravinghill wrote:I have an old vacuum cleaner ... it's just gathering dust ..... :lol:
That sucks!
&
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Think you've missed the boat (or hoovercraft) on this one Mike. There was a rush on vacuum cleaner sales in August ahead of the EU ban on powerful motors. The 2nd hand market at that point would have been awash with low-milage runabouts.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

I just cannot believe that 62 of you have so far looked at this and no-one yet has a hoover/vacuum cleaner for me :(

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Why don't you just put a new set of brushes in the old.one and clean out the filters, probably work a while longer
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:I just cannot believe that 62 of you have so far looked at this and no-one yet has a hoover/vacuum cleaner for me :(
Why not post this request on Munsterfans. They may have something for you on 28th.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:I just cannot believe that 62 of you have so far looked at this and no-one yet has a hoover/vacuum cleaner for me :(
I can't actually believe that someone who can afford to go to literally every away game can't go out and buy a bloody vacuum cleaner like the rest of us mere mortals!

Lay off the face paint for a few weeks and I'm sure you will afford it!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wee Woman wrote:
I can't actually believe that someone who can afford to go to literally every away game can't go out and buy a bloody vacuum cleaner like the rest of us mere mortals!

He's so North Down
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Russ wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

He's so North Down
No he's not, people in North Down don't do second hand gear :duck:

I had a fella out to clean my hall & stairs carpet last week, he had a job in Helens Bay the day before where the lady insisted that her carpets were not dirty - that's so North Down :lol:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wee Woman wrote:
Russ wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

He's so North Down

I had a fella out to clean my hall & stairs carpet last week, he had a job in Helens Bay the day before where the lady insisted that her carpets were not dirty - that's so North Down :lol:
How did he have a job then?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Russ wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Russ wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

He's so North Down

How did he have a job then?
She still wanted the carpet cleaned :lol: :lol:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.

"Good morning," said the young man. "If I could take a couple minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners."

"Get lost!" said the old lady. "I haven't got any money," and she proceeded to close the door.

Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open.

"Don't be too hasty!" he said. "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration."

And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure all over the hallway carpet.

He continued, "And if this vacuum cleaner doesn't remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat what's left."

"Well," the old lady said, "I hope you've got a good appetite, because the power got cut off this morning."
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Found a picture of Mike and his old hoover online.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Not one genuine offer as yet you miserable shower.
House is currently a wee bit dusty - but will probably borrow the parents hoover on wednesday.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh