Interpro A Series

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Interpro A Series

Post by the original kimble »

Rugby: Second half tries earn Connacht victory
By: Anthony Hennigan in Heffernan Park, Ballina

Interprovincial ‘A’ Series
Connacht A 15, Ulster A 6

After a tentative opening half to last Tuesday’s Inter-provincial ‘A’ game at Ballina, the ‘home’ side, Connacht, stormed out of the blocks after half-time to rack up the scores that helped cement an encouraging win against Ulster.
Stephen Miller and David Slemen both touched down for tries after the restart as Connacht applied pressure to an Ulster pack that had previously held firm.
Miller forced his way over with more than a helping hand from the pack after Connacht had twice been held up over the line, while Slemen was slightly more clinical in the execution when capitalising on the smallest of gaps to sqeeze through from about 15 metres out.
In fact, were it not for some costly handling errors with the line in sight, the Westerner’s could well have been in a much more favourable position than 6-3 in arrears at the interval
Captained by Andrew Gallagher, whose line-out play and competence under the high ball was particuarly in evidence, supporters may have expected a slightly more dramatic effort from recent signing Gavin Williams who, while tackling solidly, rarely looked like penetrating the Ulster defence. However, to judge him on that game alone, considering how recent his arrival was from New Zealand, would be unfair and it’s likely that he’ll become an integral part of Michael Bradley’s first team plans.
Ballina’s very own Peter Durcan was shaping up well on the wing before injury halted his involvement before half-time while another Moysider, Phillip Rowe, turned in a solid effort until being replaced early in the second half.

Connacht A: Daniel Riordan; Mark Butler, Gavin Williams, Killian Finane, Peter Durcan (T Tierney 38); David Slemen, Conor O’Loughlin; Ronan Loughney, Joe Merrigan (C Venter 40), Adrian Clarke (R Davies 59), Andrew Gallagher (Captain), David Gannon, Trevor Richardson (J Mullin 70), Philip Rowe (D McGowan 48), Stephen Miller.

Ulster A: Scott Young (M Kettle 45); Paul McKenzie; Shane Stewart (D Cave 45); Glen Telford; Andrew Maxwell; Gareth Steenson; Reece Spee; Niall Conlon (P Marshall 47); Stuart Philpott; Simon Shawe (G Maxwell 40); Henry Head; Lewis Stevenson; Derek Hall (R Caldwell 50); Oisin Hennessy; Stephen Ferris (capt)

Courtesy of The Western People
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

You forgot to mention that this can also be read in Scoop.

Or has it not reached Scoop yet? It only took 10 days to get this far!

If it's in the news, tok will write about it - eventually! :twisted:
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Do I sense a change of mood Alister? You were so much more welcoming to Kimble last June when you wrote:
A welcome from the UAFC to the original kimble et al.

I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've welcomed you a thousand times
I sometimes see you pass outside my door
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted, (and) my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, I love you ...
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

But that was when he was being original - now he just regurgitates other people's outpourings.