New Players........

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Re: New Players........

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Well the Blues certainly look like a better 'option' for him but I'd like to think we would be ahead of Dragons as a club to play for (this season aside) :cry:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Leinster are also looking for a few big names, so that leaves us even further down pecking order :(
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

I dount big jerry will go to the blues or the dragons, if you read the rest of the article he says hed like to play in england or france!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Mad Dod
Initiate

Post by Mad Dod »

The problem with UR is that it doesn't have the attraction (or the money!) for big players. If Munster or the Ospreys can afford players like Howlett, Tipoki or Holah, why can't we? Is it time private investors should be introduced to fill this obvious financial gap....?
speedwobble
Novice

Post by speedwobble »

Belfast is a city on the way up. Due to my job I have the benefit of listening to how much people love to visit and love the fact that it is not too big with easy access to some of the most beatiful scenery on this planet.

We (the Ulster fans) are among the best in the world and support our team through thick and thin. Our away support must be one of the most vocal in the Magniers League. We are a big part of what makes Ravenhill a fortress.

With two of his conditions met it is now up to UR to make transfers like this happen. They have to come up with the cash and sell our club and our city.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

speedwobble wrote:Belfast is a city on the way up. Due to my job I have the benefit of listening to how much people love to visit and love the fact that it is not too big with easy access to some of the most beatiful scenery on this planet.

We (the Ulster fans) are among the best in the world and support our team through thick and thin. Our away support must be one of the most vocal in the Magniers League. We are a big part of what makes Ravenhill a fortress.

With two of his conditions met it is now up to UR to make transfers like this happen. They have to come up with the cash and sell our club and our city.
We also have a smooth talking coach and a couple of former well thought of and respected allies in Kempson and Sexton and also Steiner and Harrison at present.
Beat Connacht next week and we are more or less in European cup next season whereas if you pick an English or French side you need to be sure to get one of the top teams to guarantee that.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Apparently Mose Tu'ilia (sp?) the crusaders backrower and James Ryan (All black lock, 25) could be moving to europe next season. There is a good number of players out there like Ryan and Tu'ilia (sp?) who are young, with a handfull of international caps who would be just as good as the bigger players like collins who'd be getting huge saleries.

Ulster need some good forwards next season until we find our feet and then we can give young players like Anderson and Henry ago. If we don't get someone next season then we wil be hammered by every single team aprt from connaght and all the young lads will loose interest and the game will go to shambles
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

[quote="browner"]Gerry Collins anyone....................

OMG - yes!!! Please!!!

Not likely though.... :(
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

Red Hand Hero wrote:If anyone is in any doubt of the merits of Evans ahead of O'Connor flcik onto SSXtra now...
Bit to early there RHH he had a bit of a mare.
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

If Ulster wanted some backs could we just nip to to the leinster academy and take some of theres, Felix Jones and Ian Keately would do nicely. This way we have young up and coming players with plenty of potential and more Irish players playing the game.

Lienster have got a huge amount of talent playing in the AIL which is being wasted.
A couple of young backs from Leinster and some big forwards from the Sourthern Hemisphere would do nicley... wouldn't they

:oman: :oman: :oman: :oman:
Mad Dod
Initiate

Post by Mad Dod »

Am I right in saying that to our knowledge we have no new players and the only contracts we have given out are renewed ones??? Well thats ballix! :x
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Did anyone read in the Sunday Life Ellis' report about Humph Jr? Basically he said Ireland should be doing anything possible to get him playing with Ulster next season and that he's capable of being Ire's next out half. I didn't realise that Ronan was 31!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
bells123
Novice

Post by bells123 »

well that's one of them then, by my calculations that leaves the dogs in the street knowing one signing more than me - a SH forward. Is it that Botha character? I'll take him but we still need a 6.
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

i don't like these dogs in the street to be honest
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

McPepper wrote:i don't like these dogs in the street to be honest

Me neither - they know far too much, if you ask me. Down with that sort of thing!
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"