New Players........

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New Players........

Post by pwrmoore »

Ulster'99 wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
By David Kelly Magners round-up
Wednesday April 09 2008

Aside from the IRFU's generosity in easing their path towards Heineken Cup qualification thanks to some generous match re-scheduling,
Don't see how that one stands up?. two matches in 4 days is hardly generous rescheduling for anyone and as I understand it the primary criterion in the rescheduling was to accommodate Munsters HEC Campaign. :scratch: :scratch:
Gotta say I agree with him on the rescheduling. We may have two games in four days but if i'm not mistaken Munster are scheduled to play on the Sunday therefore coming to us with one day off. Can't believe we'll be seeing their first string side! :lol:
Agree that we'll hardly get a first sring Munster but I can't swallow the idea that this was all done to grease the rails for Ulster's HEC qualification over Connacht's.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

IRFU organised the snow in January :shock:
Not as bad as Dragons and Ospreys though they will have both their games now postponed this week which leaves them with one probably on HEC semi weekend and another midweek, the Magners season is in need of a severe reorganisation with a free week or 2 before the end of the season.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Well I suppose now that the Diana inquest is over the conspiracy theorists have to go on about something else!
BPH
Initiate

Post by BPH »

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the IRFU wouldn't - and didn't - do all they could to ensure Ulster are in the HEC next year needs to wake up
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

BPH wrote:I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the IRFU wouldn't - and didn't - do all they could to ensure Ulster are in the HEC next year needs to wake up
And of course you are going to give us examples of this.........
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Sure the dogs in the street know the IRFU paid 500,000 yoyos to Gloucester to throw the game so that Munster could not come to Belfast on the Friday with a first team.

Get real but also remember we have been beaten by Munster 2nd's at Ravenhill before.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

POACHER TURNED GAMEKEEPER :wink:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

According to today's Daily Mail - Freddie Michalak wants to quit Natal Sharks & return to Europe...
Any thoughts? Gifted but flaky, i would have said....but i'd still pay to watch him!!
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Aye, but not for us. I'm still not over some of the things Humph used to do.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Clear out at the Bulls.........................

http://www.keo.co.za/2008/04/10/bulls-e ... dus-looms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Neil F wrote:Why would Leinster be chasing a tighthead to replace Le Roux? :scratch:
Think I'm right in saying Stan Wright is a Loosehead by choice and only plays on the other side to accomodate Le Roux. Seeing as Healey is a loosehead too a THP like Botha would probably suit them a lot better.
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

Ulster are rumoured to be involved in advanced negotiations with South African World Cup-winning prop BJ Botha.

The 28-year-old tight-head prop is expected to become the first big-name signing of Matt Williams' reign, filling the void left by the recently retired Simon Best.

The Natal Sharks star, who is one of the world's best scrummagers, has won sixteen caps for the Springboks and made 93 appearances for the franchise to date.
I must say after seriously studing this guy from every view........................ from the females perspective ............ I would DEF be for this signing :wink: :cheers:

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

YoungMan wrote:
I must say after seriously studing
define studing please :wink:
You don't want to go there YM :shock: (she was only saying what she was thinking )
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

YoungMan wrote:
I must say after seriously studing
define studing please :wink:
Either the misprint of the decade or :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Heres me WHAATT!
Novice

Post by Heres me WHAATT! »

I have heard we are signing a young New Zealand back row with the hope that in a 3 years he will be Irish Qualified!

No name as yet!!!!