Ulster v Connacht Videos

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Ulster v Connacht Videos

Post by Rooster »

Try videos online now
UAFCVideo/video.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Any requests with approx match time will be considered before 9pm tonight, I am doing the yellow cards anyway.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster v Connacht Videos

Post by ColinS »

Brilliant stuff, cheers Rooster!
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Big hit on Paddy Wallace in the first half, about 25 mins in would be cool to see.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Yellow cards online.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mad Dod
Initiate

Post by Mad Dod »

Haha! Flying Ferris indeed!!Whats wrong with doing that though?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Mad Dod wrote:Haha! Flying Ferris indeed!!Whats wrong with doing that though?
I think it's called Going in off your feet ..... in a big way

Law 16.2 (d) All players forming, joining or taking part in a ruck must be on
their feet.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Rooster any chance of seeing Boss's judo throw on Connacht player in the first half, it was absolutely brilliant, many thanks..
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Have not found the other requests yet but did find an interesting penalty of a type that was briefly discussed earlier on another thread.
Ulster lineout and Connacht just stood back and Ulster were done for obstruction. :twisted:
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Goodness gracious.

They will be putting a toe in touch and catching a ball which itself has not crossed the touchline next. :wink:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

What about the numbers................Ulster look to have 6, Connacht 7..............anybody with good lamps?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Could be an interesting ploy though cables if you have an inferior pack and the opposition has a lineout near the tryline, take a bit of balls to try it though as reff may not blow the whistle.
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Seen this uncontested line-out ploy employed intensively in the world cup i think by the Fijians or Samoans with the same effect, the opposing team being pinged for the old truck and trailer move. At the time i thought it was a very clever way of combating the line-out which most of the Pacific Islanders seem to struggle with. Would be especially useful if we draw some of the big English or French clubs in next years Heiny, whose game is built around the catch and drive from the line-out
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I think the Italians worked this to good effect a couple of seasons ago. If the ref doesn't blow for obstruction, offside and whatever other infringements have taken place, the defending team can come around the supposed maul and tackle the ball carrier.
Mum 8)
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I would think the Westerners would have told the referee before the match that they intended using the tactic and he would have been watching for it. Without advance notice, it's a big risk to try it and hope the ref will "blow" the opposition if they steamroller through you.

All teams have the opportunity of talking to the ref (certainly used to until at least very recently) to tell of tactic(s) and/or set piece moves so that he doesn't get taken by surprise when used. He will advise on legality of such moves, as long as carried out "as described". The problems arise when they do something different from what they described in advance.
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

I beleive it is prohibited to talk to the ref before the match capt sir
not sure which law

The ref called it for crossing

but if a player does not go in front of the catcher and binds on behind

wonder what the call would be ?

as well known on this board I for one consider the pick-up and bind before the tackle to be blocking and if the refs start to call it for the line out - then they should also call it from the ruck

because it is has become such a part of the modern game I would not make it a penalty offence but a scrum to the defending side -- ie change of possession by scrum - an accidental infringement like accidental off side
2B or not 2B that is the question ?