ALL BLACKS IRELAND GAME

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: ALL BLACKS IRELAND GAME

Post by Ardglass2 »

I agree also - some people need to see a shrink - seeing things aren't there.
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

LePaul wrote:MUM wrote
Gawd, there's some paranoia on this board sometimes. Can someone please tell me when was the last time an Irish try scorer was surrounded by the whole team? Get real! Great try though.
Mum
Thank God MUM - I thought I was the only one who thought like that.
The rest of the world thinks that Paul. :roll:
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Why the blazes do people keep naming Buckley at loosehead? This is a guy that, from time to time, struggles to scrummage on his preferred side in the Magners League. Even with Australia's traditional weaknesses in the scrum, this is not going to be a good idea. I'd like to see Buckley start but if he does, it has to be at tighthead.

15. Dempsey / Murphy
14. Bowe
13. O'Driscoll
12. Fitzgerald / Wallace
11. Kearney
10. O'Gara
9. Reddan

1. Young
2. Best
3. Buckley
4. O'Kelly
5. O'Connell
6. Quinlan
7. Wallace
8. Heaslip

16. Flannery
17. Hayes
18. O'Callaghan
19. Jennings
20. Stringer
21. Wallace / Horgan
22. Murphy / Dempsey
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Buckly scrummaged well at loosehead. Horan doesn't deeserve to start next week and if best comes in at hooker then our scrum will improve
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

It wasnt THAT bad a game, NZ are just a better side at the moment and theres nothing we could have done about that, there was no way at 11-11 we could have taken them, all our good work was done in the first 20-30mins and really we just caught them off guard a little, they cant have been expecting much after the WC and 6N.

On a better note I think yesterday shows it time to rest Murphy and Dempsey, Kearney should be our starting 15 from now on with Bowe, Horgan/Fitzgerald on the wings!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

4 -15 we were in the game, but their front row and McCaw, we had no answer too them.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

GerryO' wrote:4 -15 we were in the game, but their front row and McCaw, we had no answer too them.
:scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

Buckly wont be switched to start at LH at this level - unfotunately we are stuck with Horan - who will be selected despite his indiscretion.

There will be minimal changes if Fitz and Quinnie are fit they will get there places -

Did anyone else think that the first AB try had a forward pass by some 5 feet ??? I thought Horgan looked very slow and he was, but the guy passed the ball in front of the oncoming player - they alsways get these !!!
Big Dog
Novice

Post by Big Dog »

Article wrote:Buckly wont be switched to start at LH at this level - unfotunately we are stuck with Horan - who will be selected despite his indiscretion.

There will be minimal changes if Fitz and Quinnie are fit they will get there places -

Did anyone else think that the first AB try had a forward pass by some 5 feet ??? I thought Horgan looked very slow and he was, but the guy passed the ball in front of the oncoming player - they alsways get these !!!
Yes, I thought so too. I think the fact that Smith kept sprinting on after he threw the pass made it appear to the ref that it was not forward. I think some of the rugby league commentators refer to this as the 'momentum rule'.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Big Dog wrote: I think some of the rugby league commentators refer to this as the 'momentum rule'.

and it is the standard interpretation in the SH.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Big Dog wrote: I think some of the rugby league commentators refer to this as the 'momentum rule'.

and it is the standard interpretation in the SH.
Does this mean that once Chris White crossed the equator he then changes his views on whether a pass is forward or is just carried by momentum or is it all to do with the strange effect of water rotating the wrong way in the plug hole :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Rooster wrote:
GerryO' wrote:4 -15 we were in the game, but their front row and McCaw, we had no answer too them.
:scratch:
Our front row were crap and McCaw has superb.
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Lads, there was talk earlier about Marcus Horan... what did he do?
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

At 11-11 and following some dogged defending of a very long phase of All Black picking and driving, Ireland finally won a penalty and a chance to clear their lines. Near the end of this phase building, Horan threw a punch that caused the penalty to be reversed. Carter knocked over the penalty.
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Cheers Neil.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.