Captain?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Who should be Ulster's captain?

Rory Best
61%
Carlo Del Fava
24%
Isaac Boss
5%
Kieran Dawson
5%
Other
5%

Total votes: 38

The Cove
Novice

Re: Captain?

Post by The Cove »

Here here, more the problem than the solution
MOE6
Novice

Post by MOE6 »

rory cant be captain again , he lacks any leadership skills and a captain in the front row is never a great idea
your captain should be taking charge of things behind the scrum so back row would be preferable, matt williams seems to have left a gap here in his signings .... david pollock would be a good captain but weather or not hell have a guarenteed place is another thing, anyone else think kieran had a good game against bath, made a lot of cover tackles and i think led the team very well ?? i know he wont be a long term solution but maybe for this season he would be the best choice?
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

I would def say keey Rory as Captain. I know he has the respect of the players and that players would do anything for him. I think we may not see the whole effect of his captaincy but having played with him as captain i know i can say he is someone you would run through a brick wall for but he would be the first to try it. maybe in his absence i would say Diack would be good choice
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I think Neil Best would have been the first to try running through brick walls - which might explain why he's not good captain material.

A good captain would be the one trying to find a way round or over the wall :wink:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right