Formula One

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Re: Formula One

Post by Glynncommando »

Kofi Annan wrote:Such a boring sport
Likewise - i'm afraid. Rather stick pins in my eyes. However - each to their own & all that....
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Glynncommando wrote:
Likewise - i'm afraid. Rather stick pins in my eyes. However - each to their own & all that....
GC
you'd rather stick pins in your eyes than...what?
watch F1 on tv?
attend a race?
be a F1 driver?

curious to know what you would rate beneath sticking pins in your eyes... :scratch:
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
Glynncommando wrote:
GC
you'd rather stick pins in your eyes than...what?
watch F1 on tv?
attend a race?
be a F1 driver?

curious to know what you would rate beneath sticking pins in your eyes... :scratch:
All of the above! (wouldn't say no to the salary or perks naturally...) But otherwise the whole F1 thing leaves me un-moved.
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Have been to race week-ends in Montreal, Barcelona and Budapest, and they're hard to beat as an overall experience.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:Have been to race week-ends in Montreal, Barcelona and Budapest, and they're hard to beat as an overall experience.
Not a patch on an Ulster away weekend in South of France or Italy :red: :drunken: :drunken:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

Rooster wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:Have been to race week-ends in Montreal, Barcelona and Budapest, and they're hard to beat as an overall experience.
Not a patch on an Ulster away weekend in South of France or Italy :red: :drunken: :drunken:

Well said that man!!
GC
Ball Boy
Initiate

Post by Ball Boy »

"an activity where the physical capabilities of the competitor are the sole or primary determiner of the outcome"

That includes darts then!
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I didn't say unbeatable.....
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
AintNothinButa
Novice

Post by AintNothinButa »

Jackie Brown wrote:I think the new cars look fantastic. Can't wait for the new season to start now!! :D

Among the new regulations for this year are the return to slick tyres again. A kinetic energy recovery system which will store the heat that is created in the brakes to give the driver a power boost to use when he wants(although this seems to be unreliable in testing at present and most teams will probably not start the season with it). Revised aero package with a narrower higher rear wing designed to help passing and a completely new front wing. Team budgets are also capped.

Personally I think the cars look more like Formula 3 cars now as they are so small and narrow. Hoping that the season ahead is a classis as many have said on here it has become a tad boring/predictable. Still would love to take any doubters of the sport to Spa and watch the F1 cars go through Eau Rouge at around 180mph!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Spa is the most affordable grand prix to go to. £130 a ticket for a weekend and camping. Gonna make the effort this year for sure. :D
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
AintNothinButa
Novice

Post by AintNothinButa »

Would love to go to spa this year jackie but funds aren't too good. Used to go every year to silverstone as we got in free and camped inside the track. Fingers crossed i'll get to a race this year. Unlikely tho. Probably go to donnington next year if they ever get the work finished.
atee
Novice

Post by atee »

I went to silverstone for the "Lewis" race last year, flippin expensive tickets, but my goodness it was worth it, I loved it, and I wasn't even that bothered by it before then...now I can't get enough!
1 LOVE 1 ULSTER