Positives & Negatives: Ulster V The Ladyboys

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Positives & Negatives: Ulster V The Ladyboys

Post by Rooster »

Solid Air wrote:Was going to post this on a separate thread, but would fit well under 'negatives'

To the 99.9% of Leinster supporters at Ravenhill last night, thank you for visiting Belfast, you were sporting, courteous, and a pleasure to have as guests, you might not have enjoyed the weather, might not have been enamoured by the result, but I hope you experienced a warm and friendly welcome from Ulster, and will be welcomed again.

To the 0.1% who were stood behind me on the terrace, and whose vocabulary consisted of a handful of words, mostly comprised of ‘stupid’, ‘f***ing’ ‘b****rd and ‘c**t’, do yourselves, your fellow decent supporters, your team, and us a favour, stay at home next time.

Rant over, well done Ulster, great result from hard work.
You could well say the same about the same percentage of Ulster supporters SA, up to those round they to tell them to wise the feck up.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

browner wrote:
mikerob wrote:
moondance wrote: Blessed Brian punching Brady, watched by the TJ and the Ref.
Punching? Jeez... it was a push at best... wouldn't even deserve the term handbags.
Definitely a punch in fact he had another go and missed.........can't vouch for their effectivness.
Yep - was definitely a punch thrown (and that's from someone who usually drools at bod :oops: )

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

Rooster wrote:You could well say the same about the same percentage of Ulster supporters SA, up to those round they to tell them to wise the feck up.
Agreed Rooster, don't get me wrong, I'm no angel myself, have been known to utter the odd expletive in the heat of the moment :oops: , but 40 minutes of it during the first half was enough for me, particularly with my young lad alongside, so moved to the barrier, soaked, but happy!!

Wasn't just me who noticed, they left with about 5 to go to a small chorus of 'cheerio', Eventsec were aware as I also noticed the FController observe the situation (from the safety of the newly named Kimble Stand) as he reported back on his talkie walkie, no Ulster fans involved, so it must have been OK..... :lol:

Anyway, small annoyance on a great night for Ulster, just a bit of a Sunday morning rant!
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

SA,

A man of your intellect and breeding fully deserves to be invited to the royal box. I will send you some Lifebouy soap, just in case.

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

the original kimble wrote:SA,

A man of your intellect and breeding fully deserves to be invited to the royal box. I will send you some Lifebouy soap, just in case.

tok
I thank you, will HWM be invited as well, will he have to remove his hat, the lower orders of the terrace hav a rite 2 no, as that old, old saying goes....

As I trudged with the rest of the Proletariat toward the car park and saw you dispense alms to the gathered crowd below I heard a man say to his partner, as he gazed upwardly, "I wonder who He is............
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

I know,

It is so disappointing. All this expensive, high profile publicity is missing the mark. Maybe I should try giving them cake, before they bring back the guillotine?

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Munsterboy
Novice

Post by Munsterboy »

Good win yesterday lads. McLaughlin has your boys playing very effective rugby and they executed the perfect game plan for the conditions. Nothing flash, just great possession rugby in the first half and great territory rugby in the second.

Humphreys performed well again and lads like Henry showed their ability.

One other player stood out for me. When you signed him I wondered if Nagusa could adapt to the pragmatic style required for NH rugby but he's certainly answered that question this season. Great speed, power and finishing ability on the wing but he's playing like an extra flanker half the time as well. Excellent work rate and very good decision making too.

Williams certainly made some very good signings in his time with ye.
We're all red on the inside.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

great comments munsterboy. think we'll struggle against you folk next weekend but hopefully we'll front up well. Some people are writing munster off but I reckon once you get the likes of Hayes and Flan back and De Vill settles in, you'll have an immensely powerfull side!
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

mikerob wrote:+ve was one of Trimble's "big hits" coming off without missing his man and looking stupid. He totally milled D'Arcy in the first half and D'Arce took a few minutes to recover (and never really featured in the game anyway)
Was it D'Arcy then :D it was certainly a big old hit, he absolutely knocked his melt in :D I was disappointed they didn't show it again on replay.
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Munsterboy wrote:Williams certainly made some very good signings in his time with ye.
In fairness I think that's right - all of the guys he brought in have proved their worth
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

darkside lightside wrote:
Munsterboy wrote:Williams certainly made some very good signings in his time with ye.
In fairness I think that's right - all of the guys he brought in have proved their worth
absolutely - although was shifty not hailed as being the answer to our goal-kicking woes? lol

cracking fullback though :)
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

There was a bit of a question mark against Timi last year since he was a little green at playing the 15 man game his positional play was bad and he frequentally choose the wrong option but he did show a lot of promise and has listened to the coaching staff and his game now has much improved .

The way he plays at the moment I would seriously be tempted to play him at 7 pace power and an eye for the opportunity to run with the ball from the base of the scrum and his tackling isn't bad either.
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
ArticDonkey

Post by ArticDonkey »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
ArticDonkey wrote:Isaac Boss getting MOTM, he did great for his try but some of his passing was dodgy, one in particular went straight into chris henry's face. Should have gone to a forward.
henry got motm on TV - magners league man of match (i think it's called). he really stood out in a monumental pack display.

great pace by hugo for his try and he's also to be praised for his conservatism last night, few attempts to get the backs moving when forward's possession was required, no box kicking when it might have been tempting to test leinster under a high ball more often...

but, cave was also nailed trying to collect a boss pass above his head.

game like that the scrum half really dictates the play and game mgt becomes his remit, not outhalf's. in this respect boss was excellent, although i'd agree the forwards collectively were the stars and individually henry was top drawer
Yeah Boss controlled himself well but glad Henry got the MOTM on TV.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

bogboy wrote:
The way he plays at the moment I would seriously be tempted to play him at 7 pace power and an eye for the opportunity to run with the ball from the base of the scrum and his tackling isn't bad either.
Would you send Faloon back to Hinch then boggy :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

bogboy wrote:There was a bit of a question mark against Timi last year since he was a little green at playing the 15 man game his positional play was bad and he frequentally choose the wrong option but he did show a lot of promise and has listened to the coaching staff and his game now has much improved .

And this is why (thank God) Boggy you are a fan and not a coach. Have you been drinking today?? :duh: