Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Injury Update

Post by againstthehead »

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/RUGBY ... 5889143.jp

The word last week was that Ferris and Botha were looking hopeful for a start against Stade as Ulster reach the crucial back-to-back fixtures against the French in Pool Four, but that Wallace was less likely to be ready.

But on Friday night, although not confirmed by Ulster Rugby, Wallace was responding better than expected and could be in the reckoning.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
cardoc
Novice

Re: Injury Update

Post by cardoc »

What about Timmy?
He seemed to be carrying some sort of right shoulder injury when he left the field on Friday night :?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cardoc wrote:What about Timmy?
He seemed to be carrying some sort of right shoulder injury when he left the field on Friday night :?
They had an icepack on it as soon as he went off, but no rush away so it is probably not serious. :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

What about Diack. Is he injured as well? We could do with him.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Cracker wrote:What about Diack. Is he injured as well
Injured playing for Malone, out for a couple of months! Thanks Cecil :evil:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

brianc wrote:
WTF happened or what has he busted ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

:banghead:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Rooster wrote:
brianc wrote:
WTF happened or what has he busted ?
:duh:
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Honestly dont know the exact injury, think it may have been knee ligaments. I do know he shouldn't have been playing for the feckin binmen, (ps, Ed O'D should also not have been playing for Hinch a few weeks ago, we are hardly blessed with an abundance of 2nd row cover).

I probably defend UR more often than slag them, but in all honesty this type of nonsense is just plain daft :duh:
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Red Hand Hero wrote:Not so Brian
Not sure what you mean??? Still think it was plain daft, even more disappointing to hear it was Dr Humphs. He should have more sense
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Ridiculous decision to ask them to play bearing in mind the vital fixtures that are coming up. This sort of thing will leave our limited squad even shorter of players and could cost us vital points let alone any chance of progressing in the European Cup.
ulsterrugby4life
Novice

Post by ulsterrugby4life »

on another note i served jimmy last night in tesco petrol station in lisburn he says his shoulders not to bad so thats a bonus!!! (also for all this talk of him sayn hes cold ....... it was half 9 at night and he had shorts on !!!! :? :roll: :salut:
ulsterrugby4life - always and forever

andrew cochrane
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Cracker wrote:Ridiculous decision to ask them to play bearing in mind the vital fixtures that are coming up. This sort of thing will leave our limited squad even shorter of players and could cost us vital points let alone any chance of progressing in the European Cup.
Easy to say with hindsight because of the injuries. But if they had all been lying around for 4 weeks without a match we'd be complaining about them not being match-sharp and how they would have benefited from some time in the AIL. On balance I think it is better that, if we continue with the policy of assigning players to AIL cluubs, we should expect them to turn out for their club when not required for Ulster. If that policy is not a good one then we need to put a stop to it and find other avenues to keep the non-selected players match-sharp.
Last edited by pwrmoore on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Could just as easily have got injured in training, as the saying goes sh1t happens.
Rory Best