Ulster V Munster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster V Munster

Post by Rooster »

Whats the weather like down in the big smoke ? if match was in or garden it would be cancelled with about an inch of frozen soil at present and no sign of a thaw today.

Has Shifty Clint got injured as he is not even in the 22 :? also interesting to see dizzy at 13 for a change.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

had a walk through ormea park - had a week prod at the grass - seems okay but no expert!
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Holywood Road, 1degree, grass is frosty.

Ground hard but not like concrete which it was earlier in the week. Our Minis have played on a lot harder.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

with Tommy not coming back and Bryn starting to pick up injuries, playing Smith is a good call and hopefully will work out saving us to go and look for a foreign player, had the pleasure of spending some time with Shifty at the UR quiz last year and he really is a great bloke, he has been solid under the high ball this season after a shaky start the season before, he offers some attack from fullback and wing but is not blistering quick, he came with a reputation as a goal kicker but has found that difficult for whatever reason. I believe that this is his last season, but I to had thought he had signed a 3 year deal when he first came but that does not seem to be so. Anyway Smith could be the long term answer to fullback and rightly deserves his chance to claim the 15 shirt for himself...
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Cave has a dead leg at the moment

A Munster pack is a Munster pack with or without the Internationals as to whether its a weak Munster side comes down to whether you rate RoG higher than Warwick and to be honest (on his day) I believe Warwick is a much more dangerous outhalf than RoG he ( Warwick ) has also been known to have off days whereas RoG is more consistent.

But in true RoG style he has avoided the catcalls of the Ulster crowd he must have a clause in his contract excusing him from playing against Ulster at Ravenhill.
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

forecast for tomoorrow evening

Time Weather Temp Wind Dir Speed Gust Visibility

1500 Sunny intervals 2 °C ENE 23 mph 33 mph Very Good

1800 Partly cloudy 1 °C ENE 21 mph Very Good

Taking the wind chill factor into account it will be baltic. but aleast it should be dry.

COME ON ULSTERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

againstthehead wrote:had a walk through ormea park - had a week prod at the grass
No idea what a "week prod" is, but it better not be a sectarian comment :oman:
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Alister Scott wrote:
againstthehead wrote:had a walk through ormea park - had a week prod at the grass
No idea what a "week prod" is, but it better not be a sectarian comment :oman:
:mrgreen: :alien:
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Rooster wrote:Whats the weather like down in the big smoke ? if match was in or garden it would be cancelled with about an inch of frozen soil at present and no sign of a thaw today.
Minus 3 at the minute in the East!! Was minus 4 to minus 5 this morning at 6.00a.m. I hope that there have been precautions taken- we don't want a repeat of the previous rescheduling shambles against Munster or indeed of the Brussels fiasco. :roll: :roll:

I note that the Ravens game was moved to Dublin as Shaw's Bridge not playable. :shock:
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

Rooster wrote:Whats the weather like down in the big smoke ? if match was in or garden it would be cancelled with about an inch of frozen soil at present and no sign of a thaw today.

Has Shifty Clint got injured as he is not even in the 22 :? also interesting to see dizzy at 13 for a change.
funny Rooster, I was just having the same thought and horrible dose of déjà vu myself. I'm not that far from ravers and the frost hasn't lifted in two days, and we have frozen pipes in the garage too :shock:
ArticDonkey

Post by ArticDonkey »

againstthehead wrote:
HighlandRed wrote:I'm happy with that team- strong back row.

Don't mind Smith at full back- he looked happy enough against one of the strongest backlines around bar Heaslip's Handoff- we'll need a replacement for SHifty sooner or later so bleed them now I say- I'd be more fearful if he was playing alongside a team of kids.
aye, fair point. With danielli and trimble he'll have decent support at the back. Ith shifty rested last week, I thought he'd be back in, although with the weakened munster side, they may have thought along ur lines. Yup, Paddy has always captained when in the side, perhaps they just want to keep the consistancy? Centre battle is quite intriguing.
I don't share a great deal of confidence in young Smith YET, had a shaky first start last week but then I just haven't seen enough of him. I'm sure he'll be severely tested with the high ball though. Have seen a few Academy players play a few games and then disappear as they haven't made the grade but there have been some great recent finds too. Anyone know what happen to Mark McRae? Haven't seen much of him this season, was just watchin highlights of Munster v Ulster last year which he did pretty well in. He was a big lad and pretty quick but seems to be off the radar unless he's injured.
Skyhawk
Novice

Post by Skyhawk »

Does anyone know at what time a decision will be made on whether or not the game will go ahead ?
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Ulster roll out their big guns

GAVIN CUMMISKEY (Irish Times) - dated Saturday 02 Jan 2010

The pitch was deemed playable last night and the covers will come off this morning.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Skyhawk
Novice

Post by Skyhawk »

Great stuff >TH
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Temperature has soared to a balmy, tropical minus 0.5 this morning!! Looking good. Tshirt weather!!