WHERE IS HORUA

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

WHERE IS HORUA

Post by scrum5 »

Posted on the +/- thread that we look a bit light weight in the backrow with Diack missing and asked the question WHERE IS HORUA, i know he arrived late, was not match fit and was signed by the previous coach, he has played according to the UR website 105 minutes, is he injured or just not good enough..... Ulster have a small squad with not a lot of depth to it so can we really have a player taking up a NIQ and not playing??????
Last edited by scrum5 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: WHERE IS HORUA

Post by cjp »

I think he just isn't good enough and will be gone at the end of the season.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

According to one of those pedigree sheepdogs that run around the Ravenhill Road sniffing and pissing on lamp posts the lad has had to retire with a dodgy back injury, if true and I think it may well be it's a sad end to his career at a young age.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Hope the Dogs are wrong on that one Rooster. My post was refering to the fitness issue which I had heard was a problem. Withdrawing my "witicism" in case your right.
This dog has a bit of pedigree about him so I would assume it is correct till I heard otherwise.
Back injury and fitness do not really mix very well so that may well have been his problem all along :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

He was in Vanilla Restaurant in Newcastle tonight with the missus. Very nice, approachable guy, gave the wee brother an autograph and chatted away! Real dead on. Didn't ask him about playing though, thought it may have been a sore point if it was the case that he just wasn't being picked.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Rooster thanks for the info. and I know you won't mind me saying this but I hope you are wrong, would be a shame for him to have to retire from the game though it would explain why we haven't seen the best of him and the potential that he has.... whatever the outcome wish him all the best for the future...... :salut:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

If true it's sad, but sounds like a repeat of the robbie brink fiasco
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

It's never nice to hear of a player having to retire because of injury...... Hopefully the dogs are wrong on this one!!!!!!
:salut: :salut:
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rob6 wrote:It's never nice to hear of a player having to retire because of injury...... Hopefully the dogs are wrong on this one!!!!!!
:salut: :salut:
Dog will be straight to the vet for a final visit if it is wrong on something like this.
Rory Best
Hot in the Tropics
Novice

Post by Hot in the Tropics »

Is posters to this topic saying we took on Horua with a dodgy back problem? How can that be- what is the medical screening process ahead of contract finalisation? Who would have signed off on that one ...

And what about our other long term injury problems - Diack, McCullough, .... Obviously Rory is a rather different matter.
Keep it real; not inflamatory
Hot in the Tropics
Novice

Post by Hot in the Tropics »

Oh really - what was concluded? When is Diack expected back and how long left on his contract?
Keep it real; not inflamatory
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Hot in the Tropics wrote:Oh really - what was concluded? When is Diack expected back and how long left on his contract?
Diack has a bollocksed knee and Matt appears to have some sort of back problem, if you look around you will find it has been discussed at length, Diack another year on contract.
Rory Best
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Hot in the Tropics wrote:Is posters to this topic saying we took on Horua with a dodgy back problem? How can that be- what is the medical screening process ahead of contract finalisation? Who would have signed off on that one ...

And what about our other long term injury problems - Diack, McCullough, .... Obviously Rory is a rather different matter.
Wondered when someone would find a potential "bash UR" angle rather than offer best wishes to a decent young guy who may now be starting to look for a new career.

No idea what actually happened, but perhaps he turned up with no obvious back injury, nothing was apparent during any examination, & subsequently reported back problems during training??? Damning indictment of our medical team, as WKOTW might say, this is a disgrace :twisted:

I think I will stick to offering best wishes for whatever follows rugby, & I think most decent minded people would agree.

BTW, why is Rory a different matter to Diack? Robbie simply got injured turning out for the Binmen?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I know we took him on as not fully fit and carrying injuries so there is every likelihood something like this is picked up in contracts.

Best wishes to the guy, he obviously came a long way looking for a new start, I hope he's enjoyed living here and perhaps will continue to do so for a while.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

UR's insurance is likely to require a comprehensive medical and I can remember a few years ago they picked up that a new player had a very minor heart condition that meant he had to retire. I don't recall that Horua's previous injuries were to his back - I thought they were ligament type stuff that most players have had in their career.