look at the difference between

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TheElephantMan
Steward

look at the difference between

Post by TheElephantMan »

US ULSTER RUGBY....................AND CONNACHT.......................SAY NO MORE.
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Re: look at the difference between

Post by Ulster throw in »

Someone should delete this nonsense.
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

OBVIOUSLY It's easier to Top the Amblin Group Stage than to qualify as a best runner up in the HC group stage
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

TheElephantMan wrote:US ULSTER RUGBY....................AND CONNACHT.......................SAY NO MORE.
Level playing field

US ULSTER RUGBY P10, W5, Pts 23
AND CONNACHT P9, W5, Pts 9

SAY NO MORE!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Tell me again,wat cup are we playing for? I would consider ulster rugby to play for the second tier euro cup,let connacht have a go for the heiny .
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

:shake: Where's me Elephant gun?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

TheElephantMan wrote:Tell me again,wat cup are we playing for? I would consider ulster rugby to play for the second tier euro cup,let connacht have a go for the heiny .
WUM!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

nonplussed wrote:
TheElephantMan wrote:Tell me again,wat cup are we playing for? I would consider ulster rugby to play for the second tier euro cup,let connacht have a go for the heiny .
WUM!
West Ulster Maestro?

Mid Ulster Maestro's ugly cousin :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ask the IRFU to tell ERC they only want 2 H Cup places and 2 CC places.I'm sure they would be delighted to oblige as it would really help to ensure the International squads members are well prepared for the step up to international rugby.I'm sure the Ulster players would be delighted too to bin their ambition to be one of the leading teams in Europe.You can just imagine the likes of Ferris looking forward to testing himself against the might of Bucharest or Overmach Parma etc.

FFS this Ulster team are pretty young and only starting to develop now into a team that could, in the next year or two, be hopefully challenging for semi final places at least in the H Cup if they can continue to improve and be allowed to develop further by a couple of classy additions to the squad where they are a touch on the weak side.

Obviously I am not an Ulsterman so I can only imagine that people are not overjoyed at the prospect of this being the end of Euro matches this season but one has to look to the long term objectives and dreams of the coaching staff, players and supporters.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

[quote="Shan"
this Ulster team are pretty young and only starting to develop now into a team that could, in the next year or two, be hopefully challenging for semi final places at least in the H Cup if they can continue to improve and be allowed to develop further by a couple of classy additions to the squad where they are a touch on the weak side."

Ciaran Fitz- a gent- said something similar at the start of the season on Setanta.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:Obviously I am not an Ulsterman
HONORARY Ulsterman maybe?

Well said that man ...... but don't expect big-ears to listen to you :salut:
I'm not arguing -
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Shan wrote: Obviously I am not an Ulsterman so I can only imagine that people are not overjoyed at the prospect of this being the end of Euro matches this season but one has to look to the long term objectives and dreams of the coaching staff, players and supporters.
We are well accustomed to it now Shan. It is only heightened this season as we were closer to it than we have been for many years. Magners play-offs will do me this season.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

Rome wasn't built in a day.... the progress made by BMcL, Buzz and the rest of the coaching staff has been great, being in contention for a knock out place place in europe right up to the final games of round 6 ( Quins vs Blues and Sale vs Toulouse)
is a real step up on previous years!!

Also.... a little bit off topic, the way teams are separated if level on points, i feel is a little unfair, with only tries scored being taken into consideration before points etc.

Don't forget we still have the league to win :wink:

:red: :red: :red: Don't stop believing!!!! :red: :red: :red:
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

The HEC is a bit different using tries for to rank teams on equal points as the ML and GP both use points difference as the next measure.

One thing that could be looked at is the 4 try bonus point. In the T14, you get a try BP if you score 3 tries MORE than the opposition. That means a team isn't guaranteed a try BP until the final whistle as the opposition can deny the BP by scoring tries to reduce the difference below 3. IMO it seems like a better system as it should encourage more play right to the end.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

mikerob wrote:
One thing that could be looked at is the 4 try bonus point. In the T14, you get a try BP if you score 3 tries MORE than the opposition. That means a team isn't guaranteed a try BP until the final whistle as the opposition can deny the BP by scoring tries to reduce the difference below 3. IMO it seems like a better system as it should encourage more play right to the end.
Yes I agree- I rather like that system myself and it would seem to be more likely to encourage the losing team to keep trying.