Post by Ardglass2 »

Some good news though
Cout in front of Buckley and Horan
Best in with a shout ?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: Irish A Squad V Scotland

Post by againstthehead »

Italy would be a good trial game for Besty - give him 40 mins and see how he goes. Great to see Brady in the A squad.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BPH
Initiate

Post by BPH »

Brady is Dungannon, not Harlequeens.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I know Mr Kidney owes us nothing after last year, but leaving Boss out is a joke of a decision
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

Why has D Fitzpatrick been picked for the massive Ireland training squad but not been able to get a look in for the A's?
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

Windeos wrote:Why has D Fitzpatrick been picked for the massive Ireland training squad but not been able to get a look in for the A's?
finally realised hayes is past it and they have decided to throw deccy in at the deep end :stir: :stir:
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

since the squad is not on the IRFU site not to sure where this squad comes from

I expect Boss to start this time but I would rate him above To'l at the moment but the O/H being either Sexton or Ro'G goes against him I sense DK is following the Eo'S pattern of provincial partnerships where possible.

thought the back row might have seen a few changes
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Try http://www.irishrugby.ie/283_19568.php Boggie.

This is a quote from it.
Vacancies have been left in the back row and at hooker pending the announcement tomorrow of the Ireland team to play Italy in the opening game of the RBS 6 Nations.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Interesting.I assume that means they are giving Best and Ferris every chance to prove their fitness.

At least Buckley and Jennings will not be in the senior squad anyway.

Tomorrow's team announcement will be very interesting indeed.Will DK go for Paddy-BOD or D'Arcy-BOD? Could he possibly leave out ROG altogether and throw Paddy on the bench.Could Sexton be left out because of his recent injury time? Will Trimble start with Earls on the bench.One thing for sure is somebody is going to be very disappointed.

Feck it I'm looking forward to this.We have so many good backs now vying for the limited places.

Just a pity we have our front row issues and lack of real quality at 9 no matter which of the 4 main contenders were selected.I think TOL is the best of the 4 when at his best but he hasn't been in very good form recently.Probably came back from injury too quickly.

My backline selection for game v Italy would have been......

9. TOL
10. Sexton
11. Trimble
12. D'arcy
13. BOD
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

Subs---Boss, ROG, Earls

ROG has to be there as we cannot afford not to have a top quality kicker about the place if/when we need it most in the 6N.At that on his recent form he should start if there are any fitness issues with Sexton.

I'd chance Boss ahead of Reddan because he is in such good form and his confidence must be pretty high.Redundant point now of course.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

it looks like big Dan could be on the bench for the 2nd row spot
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Is Mr. Ed so far down the pecking order? I think he's played very well for Ulster; hope he's not on his way out too.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BPH
Initiate

Post by BPH »

Just for the record, Dan Tuohy was absolutely not even nearly going to get a bench spot for the seniors. Not a mission
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Not sure of that; there were doubts about both DOC and Cullen at one stage. If both of them had pulled out Ryan & Tuohy were in the frame.

I do agree with you that with everyone being available he was never in a million years going to be selected above DOC or Cullen.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Due to unexpected circumstance (I broke my ankle playing rugby at the weekend) I've found myself back in Northern Ireland for the next week or so, and was thinking about maybe heading to this match. Was wondering if anyone here know if there are any special provisions/tickets for disabled people? Would normally walk to the ground from near the Ormeau Rd and stand on the terrace, but don't particularly fancy the prospect of either on crutches.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

You could get a seat 8)

Seriously, get a taxi or lift to the gate, and a seat in the stand and bobs your uncle. If traffic is busy use the Onslow entrance. There are vast numbers of cabs there post match as well.

Dont know if the Aquinas car park is open for this one, but you might be able to wing getting in there leaving a shorter hobble to the stand. Best speaking to the nice girls in the office about that.