What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by mikerob »

Rooster wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
I heard Pienaar might of been coming because he was very friendly with Muller (who can barely speak english,full on Dutchie) but that seems to be a lost cause even though they were apparently throwing huge money at him.

Lets hope he isn't calling the lineouts then :lol:
Not against Munster anyway... the Ireland forward coach Gert Smal was reported to have taught POC some Afrikaans so he could maybe pick up some of their calls in the game against S Africa, then say a few words to mess with their heads... :lol:
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Heard that,Gert Smal is supposed to be brilliant. Jake White talked about how bad it was for the SARFU to basically allow him to move to ireland. SAs loss,Irelands gain.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Seems like we're just rumoured to be linked with any and every yarpie scrum half at the minute.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I would be very surprised if Humph has adopted the famous and universally revered "Ruane get rid of one option before you have another" system of management.
I just can't see it, but he is inexperienced and possibly he had a gentleman’s agreement with Peel or whoever and the player backed out before signing. Did he give Isaac a heads-up for old time sake and Isaac went out and looked for a new job...dunno...still think we have a signing for the new CEO to announce later in the week.
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Some names here we can put a line through.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 06,00.html

Colin
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Post by Ulster throw in »

Pinear has not signed any contract. He is only being offered a 12 month contract. One worth watching may be Ricky Januarie who has not been offered a SAR contract and maybe open to persuasion!
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:
Rooster wrote:
cables wrote:I would bet UR await the new arrival.

President would introduce Logan stating that he was arriving at an exciting time for UR and introduce confirmation of the heavyweight signings by way of proof of future progress. At least half the remaining allotted time would then be taken up by questions relating to new players. :wink:
Round 1 to me cables but I now wait in the hope that you win round 2 and we sign a top class scrum half that no one has thought of and it has been kept so well under wraps that not even Gusher or the dogs on the street have a clue and it will be announced early next week along with the official start of the new CEO's reign.
Yes, I recall noting they had got it wrong when I read the announcement.
Round 2 to you cables, well sort of :?
Signed Rush today and the excitement was so much for the press to handle that they completly forgot a new CEO started, is that worth a bonus point to you ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

they completly forgot a new CEO started
The Trabant must not have been in the car park. :lol:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

YoungMan wrote:I think we will be ok in the 9 department :wink:
It's all gone very quiet on here :silent: and YM remains disinclined to be drawn on his statement.
Of course it wouldn't be a great surprise to discover that he was tugging our collective chain.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Anyone listening to Radio Ulster on the drive home tonight? Gusher dropped a hint that an Irish forward was being tapped up by Racing Metro. Said it was a regular international, hope it's not one of our two!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I would think that Rory will finish his career with Ulster. I also think 1F will leave at the end of his current contract on a big money deal with France being the most likely destination and Metro a likely club. He could easily earn £500k a season in France, if the IRFU can equal that happy days, but they will not.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

Snipe Watson wrote:I would think that Rory will finish his career with Ulster. I also think 1F will leave at the end of his current contract on a big money deal with France being the most likely destination and Metro a likely club. He could easily earn £500k a season in France, if the IRFU can equal that happy days, but they will not.
I would actually say Ferris would make more money staying at Ulster with a new bumper contract due to France's new wage cap system and starting to limit the number of non french players in each team.

Surely the IRFU would back Ulster to the hill money wise in keeping Ferris in Ireland.
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Windeos wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I would think that Rory will finish his career with Ulster. I also think 1F will leave at the end of his current contract on a big money deal with France being the most likely destination and Metro a likely club. He could easily earn £500k a season in France, if the IRFU can equal that happy days, but they will not.
I would actually say Ferris would make more money staying at Ulster with a new bumper contract due to France's new wage cap system and starting to limit the number of non french players in each team.

Surely the IRFU would back Ulster to the hill money wise in keeping Ferris in Ireland.
Gentlemen money is not everything. If it was then we would have T Bowe playing on the Ulster wing. Each player will have many things on their priority list and money is not always no. 1 on it!
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Snipe Watson wrote:
YoungMan wrote:I think we will be ok in the 9 department :wink:
It's all gone very quiet on here :silent: and YM remains disinclined to be drawn on his statement.
Of course it wouldn't be a great surprise to discover that he was tugging our collective chain.
Ricky Januarie.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Stade au Courant wrote: Ricky Januarie.
Please select from the following options
a. You think
b. you know
c. you hope
d. you're guessing
e. other (please specify)

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/uFaPz5ah ... y+Januarie
will mediation be needed? :shock:
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.