Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Ireland - Scotland

Post by darkside lightside »

10-17

20 to go

not too sure we know what we're doing... and i've just seen deccy clearly sh1tting himself on the beeb!!

that said bowe has just (about) scored. still reckon we'll win, but pretty unsatisfactory performance.

PS Rory Breast??? I think Phil Matthews has some issues... he's called him that throughout!!! :D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ireland - Scotland

Post by mikerob »

Scotland win and I wouldn't begrudge them.

I think Ireland were guilty of showing them a lack of respect - throwing the ball around from the off but without any precision and Scotland taking advantage of the mistakes.

Too many Ireland players cruising along just assuming that they would win.
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Disappointing but Scotland deserved it...Ireland rocked up fully expecting just to roll Scotland over...really underestimated Scotland
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

credit where credits due.... Scotland played well today an deserved their win!!!! If a few of Scotland's other matches had went their why, things could have been very different for them today!!!

Ireland didn't show up and some looked as if they already had the triple crown in the bag.
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

shocking. absolutely shocking.

kidney sent out a team prepared half-baked, played to a half-baked gameplan, flattered to deceive in the first 20, and flopped badly for the next 60.

poor poor show, and the sight of kidney crapping a brick with 20 to go, but doing feck-all, wasn't very edifying.

poor, poor show, and after the euphoria of last year, it's unfortunately an open question as to whether DK will take us away from the shortcomings of the EOS regime, or whether he will just replicate it with another era of no-Plan-B, scared rugby.

pi$$ poor

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

darkside lightside wrote:or whether he will just replicate it with another era of no-Plan-B, scared rugby.
I thought "scared" summed up how Ireland played all day. Very like the RWC. Nervous and making silly handling errors.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

mike & DHK, dead right, arrogant and complacent from ireland - i'm fine with throwing it around in the first quarter, in fact i like it, but you have to have the ability, and the balls, to deliver - and we had anything but. Scotland took it like men, soaked it up, and hoped that we would fold, which we duly did.

pure crap.

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

rubbish performance! Scotland had them in the scrum, showed healy up big style
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Awful stuff from Ireland.No scrum, terrible in the lineout and far too many handling errors.Too many basic things went wrong and we gave away too many penalties.

I thought Murphy going off was a big blow as it meant we were down one of our main creative players with Kearney not offering anything in an attacking sense.

Fair play to Scotland though as they played very well and probably would have beaten us by more if that langer Kaplan didn't keep penalising them in the scrums incorrectly.

Fair play to Dan Parks as well for landing that difficult winning kick with a load of morons booing him.Fair play to him for the rest of his game as well.He is limited but he played very well to his strengths.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Poor game. Poor performance. Terrible performance, really. Made all the worse by watching it in the Edinburgh local with a bunch of Scottish friends. I don't like it when I don't get to lord it over them.

Still supporting England in Paris, though...
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

Look Scotland played to their Limited Strengths and Ireland were very very poor....the Paris Loss we can forgive but to lose at home with last game in CRoker and a Triple Crown to play for ...I think the damage done will be deep to both palyers and Management.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Neil F wrote:
Normally, I would support engerland too, but they are soooo boring, negative and rubbish! Whilst the french play proper rugger - therefore, allez le bleu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

againstthehead wrote:
Neil F wrote:
Normally, I would support engerland too, but they are soooo boring, negative and rubbish! Whilst the french play proper rugger - therefore, allez le bleu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know. I know. I wouldn't choose to do it either but the English Rose was wearing an Ireland shirt earlier. I lack choice in these matters these days. :?
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

I'm changing my mind. She's booing Toby Flood for not being Johnny Wilkinson. She clearly knows not about thon rugger thing...
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

We were so complacent.

All week, it was what's a Triple Crown, no big deal. Scots are crap and so on....

Do you remember the Scots beating us ten years in a row in the 1990s? I also remember a third of a century passing between winning in 1949 and 1982. A Triple Crown is in history a huge deal. We were disrespectful.

Always frustrating the crap out of us. One point or two point wins. It was the same today.

On ref talk, Kaplan constantly penalised us for not staying on our feet a la new interpretation.
Our line out was an utter shambles. Fault? Throwing? Jumpers? I can't say. Did we lose ten?

First quarter, we swaggered through unstructured rugby showing off. No respect for the Scots and we paid big time.

We are a long way from top 4 in the world cup.