Munster win

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Flads
Novice

Munster win

Post by Flads »

Not often I would support Munster against our western brethren. But good result for ulster even with the loosing bonus point.
Stand Up For The Ulstermen!!!!
tomodaman_2
Novice

Re: Munster win

Post by tomodaman_2 »

Agreed :red:

Don't give Connacht much of a chance with a 28 man squad and a 3 day turn around against Leinster either.

Now we need to do the business against Edinburgh.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Amazing how glued one can become to each refresh on a computer screen.
Heart rate up to "99".

Mac. :whistle:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

We're lucky, now we need Leinster to beat them and for us to go to Edinburgh and win
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

tomodaman_2 wrote:Agreed :red:

Don't give Connacht much of a chance with a 28 man squad and a 3 day turn around against Leinster either.

Now we need to do the business against Edinburgh.
Agree with you there, but my only worry is Leinster have another away game on Friday night in Glasgow. Which team will they put out Wednesday? Also it's possible their flights to Glasgow might be cancelled due to yon volcano adding more hours of travel.

I think Edinburgh result today is the worst for us as they will trained hard this week and motivated for the match on Sunday as the other home SF is still up for grabs. I still think we can beat them but have a feeling it might be another loser's bonus point for us. .
Meteor
Novice

Post by Meteor »

Well done munster simple game plan and well executed Connacht showed well they can really raise their game at home good team performance from them
Last edited by Meteor on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

Yes but dont Connacht look impressive with their meagre resources....they played attacking nouse rugby and in fairness deserved their BP. I hope they make the HEC but not at our expense. If we loose out we only have ourselves to blame.
Last edited by Article on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
Windeos wrote:We're lucky, now we need Leinster to beat them and for us to go to Edinburgh and win
Their four point behind us, they'd have to win both their remaining matches with BP's and us to lose without a BP away to Edinburgh to open up an insurmountable lead over us going into the final game to which we will be favourites. With 72 hours before they face Leinster i cannot see them being able to raise their game sufficiently after really giving their all this afternoon, to pick up a win let alone run in 4 tries past one of the most miserly defences in the league. They'll then have to pick themselves up from this and go to the Scarlets who are equally desperate for a win which will not be easy.

In short however a win for us in Edinburgh would leave me a lot happier going into the last weekend though they'll be hurting from an absolute humping today from the Dragons.

Do the Sacrlets have anything left to play for (other than pride) now that they are certain to finish as the bottom welsh team?

I still expect them to front up against Connacht given that they are at home, as I'm sure capitulations in front of your own fans can be a very painful experience.

Personally I expect the status quo to be maintained between us and Connacht going into the last game, with Ulster picking up nothing and Connacht maybe picking up a losing BP or 2, but ultimately requiring a win at Ravenhill to go ahead of Ulster.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Bart S wrote:Do the Sacrlets have anything left to play for (other than pride) now that they are certain to finish as the bottom welsh team?

I still expect them to front up against Connacht given that they are at home, as I'm sure capitulations in front of your own fans can be a very painful experience.
As a loss at Home to Connacht would probably see Llanelli finish as the bottom ML team, I definitely see them fronting up against Connacht and they should win. Glasgow are then next up for Llanelli and will probably have a keen interest in winning. If they do, Llanelli have a better chance of beating Connacht than beating Glasgow. A team must seek to beat their 'threats' when they get the opportunity to play them.

It may be pride but Llanelli are proud of their history.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

agree with BartS and cables - on current form neither side likely to win before the 'show down' at Ravenhill (BP may or may not be picked up but essentially doesn't change much) - it will be winner takes all.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Freddie Benson wrote:agree with BartS and cables - on current form neither side likely to win before the 'show down' at Ravenhill (BP may or may not be picked up but essentially doesn't change much) - it will be winner takes all.
This looks like the way things will go to me but would be delighted if UR decided to influence their own destiny with a raid in Edinburgh. We owe them for the HC match and the ML loss at Ravers.
Meteor
Novice

Post by Meteor »

With Clermount out of the HEC can see Munster winning it now.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

How has it come to this? I like Connacht, I also like ULster but I wonder how low we have to sink before the deadwood and the blazers are removed. We are a joke.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Jackie Brown wrote:How has it come to this? I like Connacht, I also like ULster but I wonder how low we have to sink before the deadwood and the blazers are removed. We are a joke.

I got word from a dog on the street that there will be an IRFU-led root and branch clear out of the committees at the Branch and a lot of dead wood will be going toute suite. UR want new blood coming in, they are aware we need to invest in grass roots for long term improvement of the game here. It seems they are not content with keeping the schools system as the nursery of UR.

Also was told that there would be a big overseas signing announcement made within the week but it's been 9 days and counting since i heard. :bounce: I trust the guy who told me but maybe he just got a Chinese whisper so take from it what you will. If we hear about a big signing at the Humph's pow wow then i'll more readily believe the other info too.

With the way the IRFU is run, are we ever going to get rid of the blazers? Can't see it in my life time, unless the provincial ties are broken up and clubs bought by billionaires. Can' t see this ever happening.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

stickinout wrote:
With the way the IRFU is run, are we ever going to get rid of the blazers?
There's blazers and there's blazers... Leinster and Munster have a similar structure to Ulster. Judged upon results, the difference seems to have been that their blazers have made better decisions when it has come to coaching and managerial appointments and overall strategy.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the great and the good amongst the blazers having defined "board level" responsibility for the sport... the issue is more with accountability for their decisions.