will he won't he sign

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TheElephantMan
Steward

will he won't he sign

Post by TheElephantMan »

pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: will he won't he sign

Post by pip14 »

already in rumours section :wink:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

I think there might be something to this, cause thats 3 different sources in the last couple of days have reported it......heres to hoping!!!!!
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rob6 wrote:I think there might be something to this, cause thats 3 different sources in the last couple of days have reported it......heres to hoping!!!!!
Either that or they are just picking up on the old rumour of him coming which started months ago, UTV are a real hotbed of rugby news, as for Matt Williams would you believe everything he said, especially after the "going home for family reasons" ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Gysie Pienaar says his son Ruan won’t be leaving the Sharks for Ulster at the end of the Super 14.

From late January, British media have speculated that Pienaar was on the verge of signing a deal with the Irish club. Ulster secured Johann Muller’s signature before the Super 14 after their director of rugby David Humphreys had visited the Sharks lock in Durban, where he also reportedly spoke to Pienaar.

Muller and Pienaar are represented by the same agency, and Humphreys was reported to be intent on signing the Bok utility back for the ambitious Irish club, which provides the backdrop for the rumours.

Irish media have reported that the Pienaar deal is as good as done, but Pienaar senior denied the move would take place at this stage of his son’s career.

‘I know nothing about that,’ Gysie told keo.co.za. ‘I wouldn’t know why they would be saying that.

‘Ruan’s Sharks contract runs until the end of next year and he wouldn’t want to leave now. Maybe after the World Cup he’d look at going overseas, but not now.’

At the time of Muller confirming his Irish deal, Sharks CEO Brian van Zyl stated they would not grant Pienaar an early exit from his contract at this stage of his career. The Sharks No 9 also signed a deal with SA Rugby for the remainder of this year, and although the strength of the pound allows many northern clubs the opportunity to snaffle southern hemisphere talent, Pienaar’s financial demands are reported to be too hefty.

Ulster are losing New Zealand-born scrumhalf Isaac Boss to Leinster next season, which led them to trying to lure Mike Blair to Belfast. When the deal with the Scottish scrumhalf fell through, Pienaar came back onto their radar again.

Pienaar was understandably a dejected figure due to the treatment he received from his respective coaching staffs in recent times, which hasn’t allowed him to settle in one position. However, this year Pienaar has started the last seven matches for his franchise in the No 9 jersey, his preferred position.

With an extended run in one position, his rugby has flourished as a result, and he’s also been solid when moving to flyhalf in the latter stages of encounters.

Pienaar following his good mate Frans Steyn and heading overseas would have been understandable at the end of last year, but after a settled start to 2010, the move seems unlikely.

Pienaar also told SA Rugby magazine at the start of this year that heading north was a distant option at this stage of his career. He said he would possible leave when the time is right, but that time isn’t now.

By Grant Ball

http://www.keo.co.za/2010/04/19/gysie-r ... naar-exit/
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

>#

Thats us fecked next season as well then
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Never thought he would sign and the recent speculation looks like UTV, Williams etc were just catching up on old news.
Kofi's thoughts about Justin Marshall are far more realistic at this stage.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Marshall's going back to work for Sky New Zealand.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Freddie Benson wrote:Justin Marshall
u don't want a scrum half who won't come over to the terrace side of the pitch, prefering instead to hide over in front of the main stand all evening...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

that's right.........I don't.
Haven't and wouldn't advocate signing Marshall.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Marshall be 37 before next season starts. He may be as fit as a butchers dog, but......37
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
prawnsarnies
Novice

Post by prawnsarnies »

He's still better than what we've got and his experience along with Rush at 8 would be great considering we look like a ship without a captain at the minute...
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Is he worth a NIQ contract?
I think no!
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

heard from a very reliable source that stringer has signed and will be unvieled on Thursday to the press
prawnsarnies
Novice

Post by prawnsarnies »

cheese wrote:heard from a very reliable source that stringer has signed and will be unvieled on Thursday to the press
nooooooooooooooooooooooo
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997