URSC AGM 2010

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

URSC Secretary
Initiate

URSC AGM 2010

Post by URSC Secretary »

The URSC Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 21st April 2010 at Newforge Country Club, 18b Newforge Lane, Belfast, BT9 5NW. Newforge Lane is off the Malone Road, directly opposite the Balmoral Avenue Junction.

The closing date for nomination of candidates for the committee election and for proposals to amend the Club Constitution is Wednesday 31st March 2010. (For further details on nomination please refer to the extract from the club rules below.)

The Club postal address is URSC, Ravenhill Rugby Grounds, 85 Ravenhill Park, Belfast BT6 0DG.

Nomination forms are available from the Secretary at ulsterrugbysupportersclub@hotmail.com

Following the closing date for nominations and proposals to amend the constitution, the Agenda will be published on Wednesday 7th April 2010. It is also planned to publish this information in the Ulster Cardiff match programme on Saturday 3rd April 2010.

Members wishing to submit questions to the committee are requested to put these in writing and to forward them to the Secretary by Wednesday 31st March 2010. While questions are welcome on the evening, written questions will be published with the agenda and dealt with first.

The Club Rules:
To stand for election to the committee, members must have been in membership for six months prior to the closing date for nominations. This also applies to those who wish to nominate or second the nomination of a member as a candidate. Those nominating a candidate must have obtained the approval of the candidate. Those nominating or seconding may only endorse one other candidate. Multiple endorsements will deem all (such) nominations null and void. Failure to complete the nomination form in full will also render the nomination null and void.
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Re: URSC AGM 2010

Post by Freddie Benson »

How many and what positions on the committee are vacant or are up for election?

thanks
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Any nibbles?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

What time is k.o.?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Members v Committee 19:30
Connacht v Leinster 19:45
Supporters v Management Team 20:00
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

The last match is a Friendly YM. Heard the Chairman, in welcoming S. Logan, will congratulate him on doubling our Euro Ranking (12 to 24) since his arrival around the end of January.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

will congratulate him on doubling our Euro Ranking (12 to 24) since his arrival around the end of January.
and also plummeting us to the bottom of the ML with 1 draw and 5 defeats....World's Greatest :duh:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Won't make it as i'm now stuck in Cape Town for the next wee while. Can we arrange a video link?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Jackie Brown wrote: stuck in Cape Town for the next wee while
:scratch: that's a place I'd love to be 'stuck' again :D
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Care to sign us a player while your there?
Why? Why not?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

We need more than a player
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Jackie Brown wrote:We need more than a player
Yeah...a prayer more like :(
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

12th in Europe?

We are 12th in Europe. This was stated by our CEO at the URSC annual meeting ‘after event’ last evening. It is the second time in 2-3 months I have listened to him saying so. I have also read (in Hansard) that he stated this when presenting to MLA’s earlier this year.

Is he misinformed by others? It perhaps looked that way when he turned to Humph in that way which says – you told me that!

Is the desire to project overcoming even a gut feeling?

We are currently 8th in the ML.

English and French clubs do not play in the ML.

Which are the (only) 4 English and/or French clubs who could live within the top 8 ML teams such that we are 12th in Europe?

Forget about ERC rankings and Eurotable – just take your pick from (perhaps) Biarritz, ASM, Stade, Toulouse, Toulon, Saracens, Saints, Gloucester, Tigers, Wasps, LI ……..

We are certainly not 12th in Europe ATM.

In the World? - well, McNarry did not get any relevant answer.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Any word of new replacements for Bossman etc and any explanation why we are so crap at present ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:Any word of new replacements for Bossman etc and any explanation why we are so crap at present ?
Negotiations ongoing - nothing signed.

We have Humph's word that we will have an 'international' scrumhalf by start of season (which struck me as a bit late, but ...). I think the implication was that if we didn't he'd have to tog out himself.

Explanation of the crapness - we don't have the players; our NIQs were not good enough and the plan is that our NIQs need to be world class - IIRC 'they should be the next 5 names on the team sheet after our Irish internationals'. Couple of injuries which haven't helped. Bad reaction to the 6Ns disruption (AGAIN!). Certain amount of implied blame on MW.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk