Ulster v Edinburgh

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Edinburgh

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster Squad Named for Edinburgh at Murrayfield
22 April 2010, 11:38 am

Ulster Head Coach Brian McLaughlin has named a 26 man squad, to face Edinburgh this Sunday, at Murrayfield, in the Magners League, kick off 4.05pm.
Commenting of the clash, Coach Brian McLaughlin said: “The seniors have been preparing well for this vital game against Edinburgh on Sunday. Our main problem has been that we have not been able to hold on for the victory in games we should have won, so we have focused on fitness levels and our set pieces.

“We are all very positive heading to face Edinburgh. We have played them quite a few times this season; the last time was at Ravenhill in Europe, where we gained the victory. We will be going to Murrayfield with the belief that we can win.

“Last time we played at Murrayfield we had smashing support behind us, and hopefully the fans will turn out once again as their support means so much, especially away from home.

The forwards see; Declan Fitzpatrick and Nigel Brady drop out of the senior squad, with Rory Best back from injury. Lock Neil McComb also receives a call up.

In the backs; Jonny Shiells and Tommy Seymour are not named in the senior squad for the Edinburgh clash, while Paddy Wallace makes a return from injury.

ULSTER SQUAD FORWARDS

Rory Best, Bryan Young, BJ Botha, Neil McComb, Andy Kyriacou, Ed O’Donoghue, Dan Tuohy, Ryan Caldwell, Chris Henry, Tom Court, Stephen Ferris, Robbie Diack, TJ Anderson, David Pollock, Willie Faloon

ULSTER SQUAD BACKS

Jamie Smith, Paul Marshall, Simon Danielli, Darren Cave, Ian Whitten, Nevin Spence, Ian Humphreys, Niall O’Connor, Isaac Boss, Andrew Trimble, Paddy Wallace

Players not considered due to injury:
Justin Fitzpatrick, Matt McCullough, Cillian Willis, Mark McCrea, Adam Macklin, Bryn Cunningham, Timoci Nagusa

The match day 22 will be named Friday at noon.

O'Connor, Anderson, McComb and Faloon to drop down to the Ravens for the Munster game??
promsandwich
Steward

Re: Ulster v Edinburgh

Post by promsandwich »

I hope Faloon starts against Edinburgh. He was superb early in the season and results have not been good while he was injured, plus he's a genuine 7
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

promsandwich wrote:I hope Faloon starts against Edinburgh. He was superb early in the season and results have not been good while he was injured, plus he's a genuine 7
He's been out for so long he cant be fit.

Pollock on the other hand hasn't been in great form lately. I wouldnt be surprised if Henry starts at 7.
bigchiefally
Initiate

Post by bigchiefally »

Diack, Ferris and Henry are for me our 3 best players in the back row, and whether you play them or Falloon depends on your opinion on the value of a "proper 7".
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Diack, Ferris and Henry are for me our 3 best players in the back row, and whether you play them or Falloon depends on your opinion on the value of a "proper 7".
Don't disagree with this at all. Just not completely convinced that our best 3 back row players make our best back row. Pollock for me hasn't been great since his return which is perhaps understandable
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Probably watching it at CIYMS - will check tonight if we get Setanta Ireland cause i havent been there when it has been on - but can anyone confirm if Rosie will also be showing it on sunday?

and Scarlets v Connacht (also Setanta Ireland) with a 2pm kickoff might be a nice lazy way to start the afternoons drinking altho i presume it will also be on BBC2 wales.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
The Cove
Novice

Post by The Cove »

Why are we posting a "Not considered due to injury list" each week. We never start the season with one, and players are missing due to injury, but we lose a few and out it comes.

If the management begin the week with an excuse culture then where do the players go?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

The Cove wrote:Why are we posting a "Not considered due to injury list" each week. We never start the season with one, and players are missing due to injury, but we lose a few and out it comes.

If the management begin the week with an excuse culture then where do the players go?
You'd hope no one is injured at the start of the season?

Does it not make it easier for fans to see why the team has been selected, rather than wondering if there's been a a tiff between player and coach or players have moved on to play rugby league? :wink:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The Cove wrote:Why are we posting a "Not considered due to injury list" each week. We never start the season with one, and players are missing due to injury, but we lose a few and out it comes.

It's the new glasnost in the regime. It was broadly welcomed by the URSC last night.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Edinburgh Team

15 Ben Cairns

14 Tim Visser
13 Nick De Luca
12 John Houston
11 Mark Robertson

10 Phil Godman
9 Greig Laidlaw

1 Allan Jacobsen
2 Ross Ford
3 Geoff Cross
4 Scott MacLeod
5 Jim Hamilton
6 Alan MacDonald
7 Roddy Grant captain
8 Dave Callam

Substitutes: 16 Andrew Kelly, 17 Kyle Traynor, 18 Fraser McKenzie, 19 Scott Newlands, 20 Mike Blair, 21 Andrew Turnbull, 22 Jim Thompson
Last edited by Neill_M on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Neill_M wrote:Edinburgh Team

might be a decent rugby side, but can they not count?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

Sun 25 Apr 14:05
Scarlets v Connacht Parc y Scarlets BBCw/Set(I)
Sun 25 Apr 16:05
Edinburgh v Ulster Murrayfield Setanta(I)
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Any other "mugs" going over for this? Would hate to be the only mug in an Ulster shirt :(